Provides Business Development (BD) and Implementation Support
- Prepares proposals, reports, and other project documents to ensure they are clear, concise, and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Reviews project submissions, stays informed of the project status, and escalates project issues to ensure project execution meets the customer needs and UPS financial objectives.
- Works with BD in educating the customer to ensure awareness of the strategic implications of logistics decisions and options.
- Adjusts solutions and adapts the cost model to comply with project implementation issues raised by UPS Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) or the customer.
- Reviews implementations across geographies to ensure consistent solutions application.
Provides Brokerage Knowledge Management and Costing Support
- Conducts project debriefs to identify best practices, process improvement recommendations, and repeatable business models.
- Monitors the solutions design and development process, hit rates, and effectiveness of solutions to obtain data for continuous process improvement, increase profitable revenue, and ensure effective cost control projects.
- Provides International Trade Services (ITS) solutions expertise to other groups within SCS to ensure employees are trained and educated in ITS solutions.
- Coordinates and organizes archiving of solutions data for use in the preparation of future and repeatable solutions.
Provides Solution Design and Development
- Analyzes customer workflow processes, compliance requirements, technology, labor requirements, and customer trade profiles to evaluate potential solution options.
- Summarizes merits, costs, and risks associated with each solution to develop recommendations for selection of the best solutions for the customer and the UPS SCS.
- Recommends adjustments to ensure the solutions incorporate the voice of the customer and is consistent with the solution definition and scope of work.
- Coordinates with other UPS business units on deals involving multiple projects to ensure an effective solution is developed.
- Reviews and manages projects with appropriate levels of management to obtain approval for proposed methods and costs.
- Manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end.
- Forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off, agreement on project cost, and needed resources.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
- Designs and implements communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed and updated.
- Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
Manages and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.