The Public Affairs Manager will be based in Beijing and report to the UPS China Public Affairs Director. He/she is responsible for providing Public Affairs support to business units to achieve business goals while ensuring regulatory compliance. He/She is directly involved in developing and implementing various public affairs projects that strategically support the business goal and build UPS thought leadership in China. This position interacts regularly and independently with senior management and external stakeholders (government authorities, NGO, industry associations, etc.). This position is an individual contributor but widely supported by China and Region cross-function team.
The key responsibilities of the Beijing-based Public Affairs Manager includes but not limited to:
- Support PA Director to develop and implement China-related government affairs advocacy plan and identify policy/political priorities for UPS China;
- Represent key positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to the government in China to enable a friendly regulatory environment for the growth of UPS;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the UPS business units to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and strategies;
- Lead and coordinate with cross-function in China and region on special projects;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between UPS executives and key stakeholders, incl. senior govt. officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company's public policies.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Public Affairs and relevant areas with project management skills in agency and/or in-house;
- Prepared to assume a wider leadership role in addressing strategic business issues;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Matured personality; strong professionalism and long-term view towards career development;
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment;
- Available for business travel.
- Bachelor degree and above, MBA is preferred.