Manage IT Projects & application for the organization in line with business plans of the organization and provide leadership directions towards the development and sustenance of the Healthy IT application management services.
To ensure business continuity, availability, safety, and integrity of the applications towards the organization&rsquos growth. Implementing digital projects and innovations
As part of devops, responsible in ensuring country managed applications operate and comply with group procedures and standards in service level, incident, change and risk management.Strategy
- Support the driving of country roadmap, solution delivery and integration of all group and country systems in China by providing support to Business and Technology teams throughout the system development life cycle from project initiation to delivery.
- Support Country Technology team to develop transformative solutions and capabilities that align to business strategies with an end-to-end view.
- Support Country Technology team to develop client related technology services strategies to enhance revenue potential and improve current utilisation of service provisions.
- Provide project management, execution and quality control services to strategic cloud and platform projects / strategic RB/CIB/TB business projects / Technology infrastructure projects / EUC projects / CSS relative projects in China. Monitor closely project IT cost and project flow through, making sure necessary BAU budgets are put in upcoming year IT budget accordingly.
- Manage and ensure smooth project transition to application production support team.
- Control technology cost rigorously in projects, negotiate technology quotation and proposals from vendors in conjunction with Sourcing team.
- Work within country innovation team to support local projects to delivery innovation idea to business.
- Reviewing progress of Group Technology service improvement initiatives for the country, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate
- Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance client experience vide changes and introduction of new technologies and innovation to enhance revenue potential
- Partner with application developers and architects to ensure our services are built for scale and performance
- Manage technology services rendered by vendors and conduct regular SLA reviews.
- Support business functions on ad-hoc business queries and issues of Country specific production system
- Conduct root cause analysis and ensure viable permanent solution is established and deployed.
- Support System Reliability Engineering leads by driving system reliability improvements through monitoring, alerting, and application of software development best practices
People and Talent
- Ensure project is implemented on time, within budget and with quality.
- Ensure technology deployment in new project is fully meeting group level compliance and local regulatory requirement.
- Develop standardized process for branch optimization / EUC/ technology projects and provide end to end service to the users.
- Continuously improve the project quality and reduce project implementation cost
- Contribute idea on how to use technology to help business drive the revenue target.
- Fulfilled audit and risk management requirement of the project undertaken.
- Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Support the country management team in creating a motivational and challenging environment for staff which is conducive to creativity and performance with customer centricity in mind.
- Ensure that exposure to each form of technology risk in projects is understood and managed.
- Ensure projects adhere to Internal and External Sourcing Policies and Procedures related to Technology.
- Effective management of all Technology risks in projects including reporting high or very high rated risks based on Group materiality thresholds to the relevant Risk Committees.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent in projects and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- Ensure all necessary external legal and regulatory controls are in place at beginning of projects related to Technology.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters in projects to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions the Group&rsquos policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the country technology team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Direct interaction with Country business and operation stakeholders/teams on project and on-going BAU system maintenance
- Country Risk teams
- Group Technology
- Legal and Compliance (regulators)
- Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management
- Group Systems Development on roadmap, new initiatives & project status, local implementations
- Group Technology Project Management Office
- Business partners that involved strategic RB/CIB/TB projects
- Local software and hardware vendors of involved projects
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Properly perform the duties on management and ensure the effectiveness of internal control
- Be responsible for regulatory failure or risks arising from or in connection of the event over which the employee has the duties of management and/or leadership
- Be responsible for significant losses due to failure of effectiveness of internal control
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelor&rsquos degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
- Must have a technical background with minimum 8-10 years of work experience in one or more IT areas including but not limited to:
- IT architecture, infrastructure, and cloud development
- Engineering and software architecture design
- Business analysis
- Proven experience in project management with PMP or Scrum master certified.
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment.
- Product management in financial, Fintech industry is preferred.
- Ability to understand how all parts of the business model work together including processes, operating systems, and application architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English where Chinese will be added advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability.
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities.
- Technically creative and open-minded.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website