Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
The area comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Technology Project Manager (PMO).Principal Responsibilities
- Builds the project team confidence though demonstration of knowledge and experience takes an active role in contributing ideas to development of the project in line with the requirements and the framework, oversees development of a programme plans and recommends measures to optimise the plan making it more effort, time and cost effective for the portfolio
- Supports the Programme/Project Manager and Business
- Representatives in defining required scope, quality, cost and effort
- Identifies and manages change requests, is able to estimate its impact to scope, time, budget and effort, provides the sustainable value to the organisation by improving the efficiency of how projects are managed
- Asks questions when they do not understand, takes ownership of problems and escalates when needed (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, escalates with possible solutions)
- Proactively monitors the project execution to effectively identify risks/issues, analyses risks/ issues to understand impact on scope, cost and time to define the mitigation and contingency plan
- Tracks and reports financial performance metrics and builds budget control to manage expenses
- Develops communication and reporting strategy, coordinates between stakeholders for progress reviews, key decisions, documentation and approvals
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, drives a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to programme/project success
- Ensure of quality audit and quality of reports share ideas on implementing new quality standards and quality tools
- Supervises and leads the programme/project to ensure that the goal is achieved
- Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
- Strong knowledge of Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF), methodologies and best practice techniques
- Strong knowledge of the project/programme/change lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation Team
- Strong knowledge of banking/HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- PMO/PM skills and experience, including examples of the delivery of on time and on budget - a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- Extended experience of working in a banking environment
- Multi-year experience of working in a change environment as PMO/PM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid experience in face to face presentation
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Group standard tools (Clarity, SharePoint, GPDM, etc.)
- Planning and Plan Management
- Risk and Issues Management
- Financial and Budget Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Change and Implementation Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Resource and Team Management
- Leading self and Others
- Impactful Communication
- Influencing and Decision Making
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Delivery at Pace
- Achieving excellence
- Embracing Change
- Global Mind-set
- Customer Empathy
Qualifications and Accreditations
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- PMP training or certification - Optional
- P3O or equivalent certification - Optional
- MSP - Optional
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.