We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- The Technology Manager represents the technical interests of the BASF Integrated Site (Guangdong) Company Limited (BIG) for the implementation of TERU(Thermal Energy Recovery Unit) - Waste Handling & Incineration during the whole project phases in close communication & collaboration with the integrated project management team (IPMT) and Global Infrastructure Technology. As one team together with Project Manager and Project Operation Manager he/she is responsible to achieve the Project Requirements (capacity, performance/efficiency, availability, reliability, digitalization, etc.) within the planned goal of budget, schedule, quality, risk, safety and so forth.
- The Technology Manager is the primary technology contact in relevant project communications and collaborations with Engineering, Engineering Partner, EPC, etc.. He/she is a technology consultant & supporter for corresponding utility Operation in any technical/governmental permit discussions with Production, Maintenance, EHS, QC, etc.
- Technology representative of TERU(Thermal Energy Recovery Unit) - Waste Handling & Incineration during the whole project and technology lead for achieving successful plant startup and reaching stable operation.
- First contact technology representative for all TERU(Thermal Energy Recovery Unit) - Waste Handling & Incineration related topics in the whole project phases.
- Technical backup for Project Manager and Project Operation Manager in case relevant technical reporting to the Steering Committee is required.
- Lead technical review & comment of owner’s team on all technical/engineering documents and drawings in whole project phases.
- Provide project operation team with technical expertise & consulting for SOP, checklist, safety/standard job procedure, operation training, sampling point/monitoring item, mechanical completion (MC) checking, QA/QC manuals, Commissioning, Startup preparation & Startup, Performance Acceptance test, Technology, Asset management, Process management, Safety concept, Logistic concept, Operation Concept and Maintenance aspects.
- Collaboration with Project Manager and Project Operation Manager to implement all BASF/legal technology requirements into the project, e.g., ensure compliance with BASF Technical rules, BASF EHSQ rules, laws and standards.
- Technical consulting & support in governmental permitting process and contractual negotiation with 3rd party.
- Cooperate with Project Manager and Project Operation Manager for CoS Initial Approval and Final Approval.
- Technical advice and guidance in trouble shooting and problems resolving.
- Monitoring & technical advice in solo-run test, hydrostatic pressure test, site acceptance test, troubleshooting, etc.
- Technology leadership in pre-FEED, FEED, DED and technical guidance & consulting at subsequent project phases including commissioning and startup.
- Technical consulting & advice to optimize TERU(Thermal Energy Recovery Unit) - Waste Handling & Incineration in all subsequent project phases, and close collaboration in ideation & implementation for digitalization application.
- Technical consulting & advice for all plant operation aspects, e.g., elaboration of the operations, safety, environment, employee health, and control manuals.
- Collaborate for Operational Excellence (OpEx) and Digitalization culture in the team and continuous improvement loop.
- Close collaboration in POC & implementation of digitalization application to optimize/improve plant safety, operation, availability, reliability, efficiency, cost etc.
- Bachelor degree or above, majored in chemical, engineering or related.
- 10 years working experience in related field, experience in operation, technology, project for TERU(Thermal Energy Recovery Unit) - Waste Handling & Incineration in utility or chemical plants, BASF experience is preferred.
- Good communication skill, conflict management, teamwork spirit, pursuing sustainable solution.
- Excellent and proven technology leadership skills.
- Good at reading and writing English skills, able to lead & guide efficient technical communications and conclusions among stakeholders.