This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
• Leveraging data analytics and customer insight to reduce cost to serve, increase engagement and generate additional revenue streams. Defining KPIS to report business value, reuse and consistency
• Initiating and planning the development of new technical products as well as overseeing implementation and delivery to realise planned benefits
• Work with Digital Product Owners and DevOps teams to understand their requirements and feature priorities for your product, ensuring they are best in class, simple and easy to use
• Championing existing technical products ensuring that they are competitive and meet the client needs
• Work with the Technical Product Analyst to ensure all requirements are deconstructed and translated into development requiremnets.
• Review and evaluate new markets for product growth. Championing executive approval of features and functionality and monitoring the success & business value of the API products released
• Creation and management of product oadmap, epics, backlog management and prioritisation across teams.
• Communicate feature priorities and product roadmaps to clients and product community
• Keep up-to-date and have expertise on latest tools, technologies and applicable innovation in product areas and best practices are implemented across the team
This role will have some or all of the following accountabilities:
• Be responsible for the delivery, on-going success & continuous improvement of the product/platform that are used/consumed by other DevOps Teams
• Responsible for the provision, stability and maintenance of the environments required to be used by other XFT DevOps teams or product consumers
• Accountable for ensuring the correct functional and non-functional testing strategies are applied and correct Dev Ops practices are in place across their dev team. Using the data from testing metrics and customer reactions to improve propositions
• Accountable for ensuring the correct performance metrics are defined to meet required response time targets.
• Accountable together with Security Specialists to formulate the security testing strategy
• Accountable to ensure the team follows DevOps practices in line with HDS controls and practices, including continuous improvement of benchmarks and service levels
• Accountable for ensuring compliance of the products and services with mandatory and regulatory requirements, control objectives in the risk and control framework and technical currency (in line with published standards and guidelines) and, with the architecture function, implementation of the business imperatives
• Accountable for ensuring that all activities performed by teams adhere to the relevant prevailing data standards and data controls
• Accountable for conformance to the IT operating model with regards to Agile and Technology Practices
Accountable for ensuring that all activities performed by Teams adhere to the relevant Service Management Standards, and high data quality service exists
• Ensure the cost base for the products and services is managed in line with controls applied by the associated Chief Information Officer (CIO) function. Actively work on reducing the cost base for product development and usage
• Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
• Ensure NFRs including service resilience, service sustainability, scalability, integration, extendability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered.
Technical Skills Must Have:
• Have at least 5 years product management experience
• Have in-depth experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies
Technical Skills Good to Have:
• API product experience
• Experience in DevOps environment
• Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills