Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Technical Lead.Principal Responsibilities
- Provide delivery advice with consideration of technical direction for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of HSBC IT systems to local business units
- Develop an expert-level understanding of the appropriate business systems of the Group and their associated IT development requirements
- Apply specialist expertise in the development of IT systems with the objective of optimizing operational performance and improving quality whilst increasing cost-effectiveness
- Assign tasks to team members and provide effective management to ensure the delivery of projects on time and in budget with appropriate quality
- Work with other IT departments to define and plan the introduction of new systems or changes to existing systems, identifying costs and requirements and ensuring plans are in place to exploit them
- Control concurrent projects and resources to meet changing objectives
- Implement strong planning and resource forecasting techniques
- Manage relationships at a product/service level with the business
- Monitor progress and review progress reports of his/her staff
- Maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal / external auditors and external regulators.
- Ensure awareness of compliance requirements and implementation of Group Compliance Policy
- University degree in computer science, information technology, related discipline or equivalent experience
- In depth experience of Internet, Mobile and Digital Experience delivery with a working knowledge of agile methodologies, DevOps processes.
- Knowledge with domestic trends in terms of Open Banking, Store Value Facility, and technology being used in the context of online payment, Person to Person or Person to Merchant
- Knowledge of Cloud, API / Mule API gateway, Micro service, AWS
- Knowledge of full mobile development life cycle with consideration of data protection / security concerns, architectures, trend and emerging technologies.
- Experience in CI, CD tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Spring and Tomcat
- Experience in working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text and with remote data via REST / JSON.
- Familiarize with iOS Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch and have experience in publishing iOS / Android apps in the app stores.
- Experience in working in matrix project teams both regionally and globally, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Self-motivated and ability in working under pressure in matrix team structure
- Knowledge on Banking Products / Services would be an advantage
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.