JOB DESCRIPTION – TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
- We are looking for a candidate for the role of Technical Account Manager that has a strong technology background coupled with sales/business development acumen, to be part of our field sales organization.
- The primary objective of the role is to provide technical account ownership as the primary contact and interface for the Mobileum prospect or customer.
- The focus is on presales activity (75-90%) with some post-sales activity, including oversight of project deployment and the relationship management on a technical plane.
- The candidate must enjoy spending time with prospects, customers and partners in a proactive, high-energy and self-motivated culture and must be driven by a very strong will to win. The role calls for individual responsibility – with primary ownership and hands-on involvement in delivering presentations, proposals and other customer-facing material, , but will call for leadership and team work in bringing together other stakeholders for specific needs in the course of their work and communicating effectively and proactively with them.
Job Description and Requirements:
- For every opportunity that he/she handles directly, the candidate will be responsible for end-to-end management of all technical aspects of an account under his/her direct control through the entire presales phase of an opportunity -
- Work with the sales person or account manager to support the sales cycle for the opportunity from a technical perspective
- Play the role of a thought leader and demonstrate business and operational value offered by Mobileum’s solutions, by engaging relevant stakeholders at all levels – senior executives, decision makers and influencers
- Develop a deep understanding of a customer or prospect’s business to seek out possible opportunities in concert with the sales account manager, and lead the solution creation process that fulfills the customer’s needs by using a combination of Mobileum solutions as relevant and appropriate
- Adapt or create customer-facing materials for various stages of the presales process – presentations, technical information notes, deployment/solution architectures, etc.
- Own the proposal preparation process for each specific opportunity that he/she works on, including being the primary owner and creator of every proposal or response to RFx (e.g., RFI/RFP/RFQ, etc.) or tender; will liaise with different internal functions including product management/marketing, engineering, and delivery organizations, to ensure completion of all customer-facing document submissions
- Conduct demos of products to customers and prospects
- Ensure a smooth handoff to the posts-sales stage for a successful deal via a Statement of Work (SOW) and internal discussions, as well as through participation with customer stakeholders and Mobileum project delivery and service management teams
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Support Manager in the delivery phase of the engagement
- Will be responsible for several accounts/opportunities in parallel
- Must be willing to travel extensively both internationally and locally (at least 60% to 70%)
Experience and Education :
Preferably 10-15 years of relevant industry experience, primarily in customer-facing roles, of which preferably at least 5 years should have been in technical presales/project management in the fields of wireless telecommunication; should have experience in working with geographically distributed virtual teams
Education – Bachelors or equivalent degree/diploma in Engineering (EE, CS, Telecom) or other related fields of study; higher degree like MS, MBA or equivalent will be an advantage (but is not mandatory)
The position reports into a matrixed reporting structure. While collaborating and working closely with one or more Sales Directors, the selected candidate will report to the Regional Senior VP/General Manager and the Senior VP of Global Technical Account Management, while working very closely with regional stakeholders for project delivery and post-delivery customer support.
Key Success Metrics:
Key success metrics used to measure performance in this role include
- Customer-facing metrics
- Success rate in winning orders and meeting forecasted numbers in presales support role (work closely with sales account manager and/or regional GM)
- Customer/partner satisfaction as a technical anchor in an account (building technical contact relationship)
- Using consultative engagement techniques to discover new leads and opportunities
- Internal corporate metrics – the ability to work with several internal functions including Product Management, Delivery and Support will be measured via periodic 360-degree reviews