Job Description :
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
• Help solve technically complex, strategic/high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
mandarin language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. english language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
• microsoft azure architecture - fundamentals of fabric, compute, storage etc.
• conceptual knowledge of azure iaas deployments and administration
• familiarity with os internals concepts, built-in diagnostics, active directory and security (windows and or linux)
• understanding of virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
• familiarity with san/nas, hyper-v/vmware, iscsi
• familiarity with networking concepts including tcp/ip, nat, dns
• working knowledge of troubleshooting tools including sysinternals, fiddler, netmon, netstat, tracert etc.
experience in one or more of these areas desirable
• linux/oss (preferred)
o familiarity with one, or more, shell environments (bash, sh, tcsh, ksh, etc.)
o experience administering linux (boot process, file systems, network device and protocol configuration)
o familiarity with core os services such as: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap
ability to meet microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.