Job Description :
Title：Sr Global Sourcing Manager
- Based in Hangzhou/Shanghai (Hangzhou is preferred)
(Our customer is a global fast-growing small domestic appliance company.)
The Sr. Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for co-developing and executing the global OEM product sourcing strategy, including supplier certification and partnering. This position is charged with employing world-class supply chain practices. Additionally, the position must provide leadership, vision and direction to the changing role of OEM sourcing. This person will possess a balanced approach in evaluating and improving systems, processes and resources as they pertain to the overall supply chain organization.
- Set up and execute key procurement performance KPIs
- Develop insights from SDA market dynamics, both in supply options and competition scenario, for driving optimal OEM supplier and product strategy.
- Provide overall strategic, tactical and operational direction and support to the organization to support best total cost ownership.
- Develop long term growth plan for strategic suppliers
- Develop high-potential and high-performing sourcing staff, and implement strategies to become a more competitive procurement function, driving enhanced economic value to the enterprise
- Communicate the vision to suppliers to elicit them as partners in the new direction of global supply chain management
- Develop and maintain on-going relationships with key suppliers and establish effective programs and processes of ensuring "best in class" supplier performance
- Manage supplier selection process
- Develop Win/Win relationships with suppliers
- Seek out and capitalize on strategic opportunities with the supply base the yield significant advantages for the enterprise to improve corporate profitability and cash flow
- Participate in the strategic and tactical negotiation of major supplier contracts
- This position must be able to work cross-functionally as the position works closely with sales, brand management, engineering, quality, manufacturing and finance
- Utilize Brand's Strategy to develop and implement Global Sourcing Strategy for their assigned categories/brands.
- Implement and coach in the development of supply base management strategies that lead to sourcing the best product based on the brand criteria while paying attention to total cost, quality, inventory, lead-time, delivery, service and unit cost.
- Initiate and implement contracts with suppliers by working with internal organizations on such matters as minimums, lead times, quality rejections, price changes, sample approvals, and other purchasing matters to ensure overhead costs are minimized and maximum value is received.
- Work with sourcing associates and cross functional teams to select strategic business suppliers.
- Work with Brand, Project /Project Managers, Engineering, Logistics and Suppliers to continually identify process improvement and cost reduction/saving opportunities.
- Identify cost saving and lead CIP projects and delivery results.
- Integrate strategic improvement activities with WK teams/representatives where required
- Work closely with marketing and brands to determinate the right level of expectations.
- Selects suppliers, negotiate long-term contracts where applicable, and maintain performance to expectations.
- Work with sourcing managers to determine supplier key strategic competencies and improve existing sourcing processes.
- Initiates market tests, quality audits, and design proposals, supply base reduction programs to generate profit opportunities.
- Initiates, develops and implements major cost savings in conjunction with Product Engineering, QA, Manufacturing and Logistics with implementation responsibility related to suppliers (e.g., JIT programs for inventory turnover).
- Assess and qualify new suppliers alongside cross functional partners.
- Leads cross-functional teams in identification of opportunities to meet objectives for supplier reduction, creation of value, supply chain improvement, and customer satisfaction
- Identifies areas requiring process improvement. Initiates and leads team -based effort to implement improvements: ensure coordination actions with other Business Units personnel to ensure consistent message.
- Assign tasks and provide direction to team members; display strong characteristics to make logical decisions, interact with other teams, and effectively lead negotiations and resolve issues.
- Leads the operational effort (e.g. quality, product engineering, manufacturing, logistics) to develop strategies and high value OEM purchases with the strategic suppliers.
- Lead and motivate direct reports by strengthening sourcing vision, remove road blocks, providing regular feedback, managing their performance assessment and their career path with continuous growth.
Keeps abreast of market conditions, new developments and techniques of manufacturer for assigned commodities by maintaining close liaison with suppliers.Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience in purchasing and contract management leadership in Asia and other Global markets
- Bachelors’ degree in business, purchasing or engineering; MBA preferred
- Management Experience
- Position must be available to travel approximately 25%-35% of the time;
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (ability to speak multiple languages a plus)
MBA，NAPM, CPM and APICS CPIM certifications
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .Anne’s wechat:13636682099
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.