Job Description JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Cost Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis of Sales, Material Costs, and Material Margins. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the lead on financial related projects
- Provide guidance to other staff members regarding related projects
- Review the accuracy of Inventory valuation on the Balance Sheet in a Standard Cost environment.
- Explain the components that represent the difference between Actual and Forecasted Material Margins, reported by program.
- Perform analyses for management on an ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by purchasing, inventory control, or production planning.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Identify and implement new practices and processes that are 'best in field.'
- Meet deadlines even when dealing with frequent interruptions and additional as well as changing priorities.
- Ensure accurate reporting.
- Perform standard cost roll ups for existing and new part numbers in the SAP system
- Analysis and Management of Material Variances including PPV, Bulk Variance and revaluation variances
- Analysis and Management of E&O inventories and Blocked material reserves
- Analysis and follow up of NRE expenses to ensure accurate reporting and tracking
- Participate in Physical Inventories and Cycle Counts as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Maintain controls and discipline compliant with Jabil standards.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Create reports on materials to supply to BUMs and WCMs in order to identify better pricing opportunities.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Plant Controller, Site Controller
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil's software packages (Advanced Excel skills a must)
- Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
- Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project skills required.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.