Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.JR3619 SR DATA ENGINEER, SMART MFG & AI (Taoyuan or Taichung)
As a Data Engineer at Micron Technology Inc., you will be a key member of our Technology Solutions group within the Smart Manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence organization. The Data Engineering team works closely with Micron's business functions(Domain expert, Data Scientist..etc) in all aspects of data, like Connect and automate the pipelines, provide data as products building data lake, data warehouse and data mart, and data cleansing and data governance developing Big data engineering, Machine Learning and advanced analytics solutions. We are looking for individuals with strong experience in Big Data and Cloud Datawarehouse technologies. This role will work primarily with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Cloud data warehouse like Snowflake and GCP, ETL skills like Ni-Fi, Monitoring solutions such as Splunk, automation and machine learning using Python.
You will ensure critical projects as well as higher level production support are delivered with high quality and collaboration with internal Micron team members.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Clarify project requirements and deliverables
- Collaborate with Key project partners, Solution analyst and Architect on project needs and translate requirements into technical needs
- Identify and understand the data sources that are relevant for analysis
- Become a subject matter expert in company data sources and visualization options
- Consolidate the requirements and using data engineering skills to design a robust DataMart
- Participate in design, architecture review and deployment of Big data and cloud data warehouse solutions
- Design for automation and monitoring mechanism in a continuous integration environment
- Implement solutions that eliminate or minimize technical debt through a well-designed architecture, data model, and lifecycle
- Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the data engineering community
- Work with OPS team through operational issues, escalations and resolve business partner issues in a timely manner with strong collaboration and care for business priorities.
- Collaborate with business partners and other teams to ensure data solutions are available, recover from failures and operate healthy
What we are looking for:
About Micron Technology, Inc.
- B.S. degree and above in Computer Science or related fields (Information Engineering, Information Management, Data engineering, Applied Mathematics)
- 3+ years of experience working with Big Data Solutions development
- 3+ years using ETL tools (NiFi, Informatica, SSIS, Sparketc)
- 3+ years developing with relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQLetc)
- 1+ years developing with Machine Learning, Data Analysis Knowledge/Skills
- Strong application development skills and proficiency with Python, Java, Base shell, SQLetc
- Strong developing applications with Hadoop Eco. Such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase
- Experience with Cloud services such as GCP, AWS, Snowflake
- Experience with designing data monitoring dashboards by using Splunk, Tableau or any others visualization tools
- Experience with web-applications/technologies development and deployment (RESTful services, Flask, Django, SpringBoot and ASP.netetc)
- Knowledge about container services such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift is a plus
- A passion for data and information with strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, work environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- On-call support for escalated ticketing handling is expected for customer service
- Good communication skills in English or TOEIC 650 and above
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich lifefor all
. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron and Crucial brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities - from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations,please contact at .
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.