Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in fourteen countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers.
As a member of China PARS Initiatives, Continuity, & Compliance Center of Excellence (PICCCE) team, we are responsible to manage and execute tasks that are existing or new initiatives, through a central pool of resources across nodes. These initiatives will not be part of any existing core tasks in the Business As Usual (BAU) operations. Core tasks have well-defined SOP's, operational metrics, predictable inflows, and are ongoing in nature of business such as manual ASIN review, ticketing, rule writing etc. We envision PICCCE becoming a one-stop solution and strategic partner to PARS, scaling initiatives at speed until technology catches up fully and we automate the process. .
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes, create and maintain regulatory content database
- Build and strengthen the connection with internal teams for classification of products and checklist confirmation
- Be familiar with the policy and guidelines of e-commerce and import/export tariff Write rules to capture ASINs and then match the ASINs with HTS code to obtain the import tax for the products.
- The ability to interpret the legal terms to categorize products
- Logic thinker and able to perform the review process and solve problem efficiently
- Good communication skills to work with different functional teams to analyze global regulatory requirements
- The ability to work in highly ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or above
- 1-2 years of experience in data-driven business operations processes is preferred.
- Adaptable, detailed-minded and result-oriented.
- Excellent English written and basic verbal communication skills.
- Basic awareness of import and export regulation or practice
- Basic knowledge of China e-commerce and import/export tariff policy and guidelines