Job Description :
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in fourteen countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers.
As a member of China Compliance Operation team, we are responsible for the classification of ASINs in our catalog that can be safely stored in the Fulfilment Center’s and shipped to customer while safely meeting all local laws and regulations. We also prevent the sale of items that either Amazon chooses not to sell or are prohibited by law or regulations. In the global trade and direct import areas we are accountable for the import tariff classification and ensure imported products have had proper testing for safety and operability.
The team that you will work is responsible to ensure that the imported products have been tested in certified laboratories and that you will comply with the legal requirements of the importing country, to take appropriate actions in order to protect customers from recalled or unsafe products and also, to classify products based on their potential hazardous risk and laws.
- Perform regulatory documents review based on existing regulatory process and checklists and well communicate with vendors;
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes, create and maintain regulatory content database;
- Build and strengthen the connection with internal teams for classification of products and checklist confirmation;
- Be familiar with the policy and guidelines of e-commerce and import/export tariff;
- With strong understanding of product categorization and regulation of importing country;
- The ability to interpret the legal terms to categorize products;
- Logic thinker and able to perform the review process and solve problem efficiently;
- Good communication skills to work with different functional teams to analyze global regulatory requirements;
- The ability to work in highly ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders
Basic Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree
· Good written and reading skills in English.
· Excellent English written and basic verbal communication skills
· Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs
· Enthusiasm and strong self-motivation
· Proficiency in MS Excel
Preferred Qualifications :
· Basic awareness of import and export regulation knowledge or practicing
· Must be accurate, reliable and understand the importance of deadlines
· Process improvement awareness and experience
· 3-5 years of experience in data-driven business operations processes – Business Process Outsourcing, Operations processes where associates are required to handle large volume of data as part of their daily tasks and take decisions based on analysis of such data