Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you.Job DescriptionAssociate Software Technical AnalystThe Opportunity
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you.What motivates you
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Nice to Haves:
- Applying testing programs to new software
- Identifying bugs in new systems and understanding how to resolve them
- Generating reports describing defects and resolutions
- Ensuring that new software products are ready for consumer use
- Working with development teams to prevent issues with new products
- Minimum Experience
- 1-3 years
- Bachelor's degree, notably in computer information science or computer science
- Recommended while not typically required, specific certifications, such as ISTQB Foundation Level
On the job you will:
- QA testers apply their knowledge early in the software development process.
- They work closely with developers to recognize the potential for any operational issues, assess
- Manual Testers are expected to demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and written communication skills to satisfy the main duties of this profession.
- Successful QA testers are detail-oriented, self-motivated individuals who can work closely with teams of designers, engineers, and other related personnel while also being able to work independently as needed.
- They should display good judgement and be able decision-makers capable of exercising strong time management skills. In addition to these capabilities,
Our commitment to you
- QA testers record all defect details, creating and distributing reports outlining the types of defects found and the steps taken to resolve these issues.
- Maintaining documentation, such as change logs, regarding software and application defects helps QA testers recognize similar problems in the future and to provide quick resolution.
- In their main role, QA testers run various tests on new software products to ensure that programs satisfy all specifications and requirements.
- They identify any problems and run debugging programs to fix issues. Once issues have been resolved,
- QA testers run additional tests before products are issued for sale to consumers.
- Our mission to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Every career at Manulife provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere What are you waiting for Apply today!Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere What are you waiting for Apply today.About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com (https://www.manulife.com/).
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including johnhancock.com (https://www.johnhancock.com/index.html).Manulife is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAt Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [Confidential Information] (mailto:[Confidential Information]).