Job Description :
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in fourteen countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
As a member of Compliance Operation team, we are responsible for the classification of ASINs in our catalog that can be safely stored in the Fulfilment Center’s and shipped to customer while safely meeting all local laws and regulations. We also prevent the sale of items that either Amazon chooses not to sell or are prohibited by law or regulations.
You will support the business of Japan marketplace by inferring the trade laws and classify the products to ECN (Export Classification Number) code accordingly. The classification should be according to the country specific customs regulations and trade requirements. You will work directly with Amazon Operations, Trade compliance teams, Legal, and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive export compliance across the supply chain.
- Be familiar with the Japan Export Trade Control Order (輸出貿易管令).Provide accurate classification according to the Japan Export Trade Control Order (輸出貿易管令) to determine if products are controlled and require a license for exporting to various countries. And in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with Customs regulations and other trade requirements.
- Provide Japan and global classification/ruling guidance to programs that will result in risk control and ultimately benefit the programs.
- Build and enforce the classification processes.
- Work with Amazon’s Japan and Global Trade Compliance team to execute strategy, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
- Work with Amazon’s internal technology teams to develop creative and best-in-class trade compliance business processes that can scale up.
- Leverage data to continuously improve Trade Compliance at Amazon
- Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree
- Overall 5-10 years’ work experience
- 3 years+ Japan Export Trade experience and work experience in Export Industry
- Experience and awareness of Japan export regulation or practice
- Excellent Japanese written and verbal communication skills and basic English written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong Analytical ability
- Good communication skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Science/engineering/logistics/import and export background
- Work experience in retail industry or Customs
- Have Japanese Custom Declarant's Qualification Certificate
- Familiarity with SQL