Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer.Principal Responsibilities
- Understanding of distributed systems and common distributed system failure domains Experience managing a production service with Windows, RedHat and ESXi or Kubernetes
- Solid background in computer networking, computer security, system administration, Jenkins continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and Git or GitOps
- Experience developing a Kubernetes controller, operator, or platform component
- Familiarity with cloud-based relational databases, object stores, and virtual machines Ability to effectively work in a globally distributed team
- Experience designing and carrying out security incident response procedures is a plus Contributing to the design or codebase for a cloud-native service mesh solution is a plus
- Operations experience with a production user-facing application is a plus
- Puppet or Ansible - Configuration Management and Deployment
- PoweShell, Python, Ruby, YAML, Java, GO (any two)
- REST API
- Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Has experience and affinity to improve team performance
- Active listening skills
- Mindsets and Behaviors/Self-mastery
- Proven experience in Compute, Hypervisors, Storage, Windows, Networks and Linux
- Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
- Work with industry groups and vendors outside of HSBC to establish and maintain HSBC's involvement and influence
- Accountability for the control and compliance of the engineering process
- Promote innovation and adoption of cutting edge specialist technologies and practices with the domain
- Promote development of engineers through coaching, and mentoring
- Consult as required in other areas to assist and provide a different perspective to programmes or projects that require it
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.