Job Description :ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It's a dynamic and challenging environment to work in - but that's why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DOTheroleofService OperationsAssociateis towork as part of aregionalteam of IT professionalsfocusedonAZ ITservicecontinuitythroughuse oftechnologiesproviding observability,proactive monitoringand alertingtomanagethehealthand availabilityof the IT infrastructure, applicationsand services. Theteamwillworkwith the tools, data and alertstoprevent the occurrence of unplanned outages andspot anomalieswith the aim oftakingpreventative actionorinstigatespeedy investigation tominimise business disruption. For their shift window, aspart of a 24/7/365 service,they willsupportallpriority incidentinvestigationsto appropriate processes and standards, they will alsosupport theaccurate handover tothenext shift.The role holder willremain compliantwithprocesses of Incident, Major Incident, Eventand Problem Managementduringand postthe incident investigationsincluding bridge calls.Accountabilities:TheService OperationsAssociatewillbesupportingdaily service in theCommand Centreareas, including:
Function / Team / Location/ Stakeholders
- ServiceOperations:From shift handoversupporttheService OperationslocalTeamwith thedailyactivities forthe Command Centre Serviceincluding supporting furtheranalysis ofpriority issueswithend-to-end thinkingand monitoring of all updates per incidentand managing daily tasks.Ensuringall incoming priority incidents from Service Desksare being actively worked uponenablingspeedier resolution.Check thatall relevant knowledge and updatesare included in ticketduring the handover to ensure theresolutioncontinuesat pace.
- Major Incident:during such an event provide anysupportrequired for the smooth operation until service returnsto normal.
- Communications:ensure that updates aboutoutgoingcommunications have been captured/recordedin the relevant incident ticketsand readily available asneeded fordaily ‘pulse callsor any escalations for information.
- ServiceManagement:Adhere to theITSM processesofIncident, Major IncidentandEventmanagementat all times and foster that culture in others across the teams. Awarenessof Problem Management and checks/balances that all incident that require Problem Management are followed-on appropriately.
- Technologies:Participate in the use of dailymonitoring and alertinginformationsupporting proactive approach to issues.
- ContinuousServiceImprovement:supportingthe Command Centre TeamLeadsto identify any areaswithintheday-to-day runningoftheCommand Centre for improvements or automation of administrative tasks. Highlight anylack of informationin knowledge articles or CMDBinaccuraciesto ensureany gaps are closed.
- TheIT Service OperationsAssociatewill be a member ofaCommand CentreRegionalTeamand reports to theService Operations Manager.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- TheCommand Centreservice is 24x7x365 in a shift pattern to ‘follow-the-sun of a given business dayandmayrequire some unsociable hours of workduring critical issue managementand handovers.
- The key stakeholders for this role are:
- Regional MIM& MonitoringLeads
- ETS Operations Teams
- Global Service/ApplicationOwners
- Remote Channel Service Leadse.g. Service Desks
- SiteIT TechnicalTeams
WHY JOIN US
- FluentinEnglishwritten and spoken.
- 2-3years experienceofworking ina responsiveIT Servicesupport organisation.
- ITIL Foundation levelknowledge, particularly Incident & Problem Management
- Customer focusedand ableto supportglobal teams.
- Strong team working skillsand information sharing skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughnessand end-to-end thinking for ticket management and information.
- Experience insupportingissuemanagement.
- ExperienceofusingCommand Centretechnologysolutions, including ServiceNowor similar ITSM Toolset.
- Ability tobeopen, honestandsupport acollaborative team environment.
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors! ABOUT ASTRAZENECA
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.SO, WHAT NEXT
If you're interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.Open Date: 29 / 10 / 2021
Close Date: 19 / 11 / 2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.