Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Senior Technology Project Manager.Principal Responsibilities
- Managing the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes
- Supporting Technology teams to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications and budgets
- Working with the Technology team and Product Owner to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean), and corresponding management of dependencies
- Providing management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
- Managing, monitoring and reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the programme management, internal stakeholders and/or steering committees. Making recommendations to influence decision-making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation
- Enforcing process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as disciplined agile software delivery, production support processes, or continuous DevOps pipelines development
- Helping with the development and running of the programme management office or project management practice
- Ensuring adherence to standard controls and drives teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, security controls and technology architecture designs
- Establishing effective governance and controls, in line with Business Transformation Framework, and co-ordinating cross DevOps and cross Global Business/Global Functions delivery
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Project Management/PMO skills e.g. managing, leading and actively undertaking planning, risks and issues management
- Ability to deliver programmes including development, deployment and production
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Experience working in Agile, or knowledge of the key principles of the methodology
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory, as are good tact and diplomacy, as the role requires constant communication with other individuals and teams with the HSBC Group
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks
- Self-motivated enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Utilises own initiative to resolve issues
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.