We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country's chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Assists lab leader of EP Material Testing lab to manage material testing for Engineering Plastics, and thus to assist head of Material Testing to provide analytics and testing supports to Research & Development, production, sales and marketing, business development, technical research & development and strategic objectives for company's Engineering Plastics related Performance Material business in Asia Pacific in an effective way.
- Performs the execution of daily testing work according to methods and procedures and complete tests in a timely manner dependently and actively.
- Documents test requests, test data and test reports dependently and actively document test methods and test procedures and changes made on test methods and test procedures actively.
- Performs routine verification on test equipment and Maintain test equipment in good situation. writes test reports and sends test reports to customers timely.
- Devises tests, procedures and apparatus required to achieve experimental results and improves test efficiency.
- Interprets test results, writes comprehensive reports and evaluations on data obtained.
- Co-operates with development/technical service/manufacturing/sales & marketing in providing technical assistance to demonstrate company products, and to solve field problems.
- Attends and participate in training and seminar, retraining and continual improvement processes and methods which relevant to this position.
- Ensures all environmental, health and safety rules and guidelines are being adhered to and maintains high safety standards and a safe working environment.
- Supports the implementation of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025, and Process Safety Management by practicing them accordingly to ensure full compliance with the requirements as stipulated in the system actively.
- Diploma, bachelor or above in material science, analytical chemistry, polymer chemistry or other polymer or chemistry related.
- Fresh master or bachelor with more than 2 years experience or diploma with more than 3 years experience in physical analysis and/or material testing of polymer materials.
- Knowledge of physical analysis and/or material testing of polymer materials.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations in Mandarin.
- Ability to write comprehensive technical report by Chinese (would be a plus is can be by English).
- Knowledge on Quality Management will be a plus.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Workable oral English would be a plus