Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior PMO Manager.Principal Responsibilities
- Lead the regional PMO to oversee the successful delivery and management of the project portfolio including the identification, mapping and realisation of benefits
- Lead the development of the regional toolkit and associated processes and methodologies to ensure the consistent use/application among the countries (tools, templates, methodology, resource/demand management process, cost tracking etc)
- Manage the strategic project planning process and ensure alignment of business strategy, project portfolio and actions plans
- Increases visibility into project / program status enabling correct decision making and actions to be taken more effectively
- Improves control, application, quality and inputs for the project governance processes
- Ensures the development and continuous management of the overall master program plan, risks, costs and benefits profile
- Develops and enables the consistent, relevant and accurate reporting of the portfolio to all stakeholders
- Continuously coordinate and facilitate the development of program plans, regularly monitoring and reporting progress to the relevant governance committees to ensure visibility of program progress and risks
- Provides consolidate financial reporting and analysis
- Facilitation of the GPD capacity plan and resource supply and demand models
- Performs qualitative and quantitative reviews of project and/or program deliverables
- Improves project/program delivery in terms of lower costs, reduced time and increased product quality by providing program/project management expertise
- Management of project/ program dependencies across the region
- Drives the development of business change and project delivery capability across the region on behalf of Head of Program Office
- Interface with Group PMO and peers to replicate and build best-practices
- Build and develop change knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring project teams including delivering train the trainer sessions as needed
- Develop training plans with local countries to build knowledge and capability
- Provides training in project management, tools and techniques
- Actively contributes to the HSBC/ GPD PMO network
- Benchmark against regional and local competition in terms of portfolio scope, scale and progress and delivery capability plans across business, BT and IT
- Consolidates Enterprise Knowledge & enables value chain realisation
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A high quality degree level education, and a first class general academic track record - Desirable
- 8+ years of PMO / Project experience
- Significant, demonstrable experience of managing and/or leading in a similar role - Highly Desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the field of PMO Management, for example 3PO - Advantageous
- Proven experience of implementing project control standards, including change control, financial management, risk management and reporting - Desirable
- Change management / project management professional certification, for example Prince 2 or APM - Desirable - Advantageous
- Process improvement methodologies, for example LEAN, Six Sigma, Agile, P2P - Advantageous
- Successfully led, developed, coached, managed and effectively deployed a team of staff in the context of portfolio, programme and/or project management. - Highly Desirable
- Proven experience of working within a formal change methodology/ framework. - Highly Desirable
- Financial Services / Banking ideally within Fund Servicing - Desirable
- Ability to analyse financial plans, business cases and business results including new business, profitability and financial decision making tools including NPV
- Demonstrated experience in implementing PMO standards and controls including dependency management and benefits management
- Agile/ Scrum governance and financial management
- Be a strong communicator both verbal and written with a comprehensive understanding of content and context
- Display good presentation skills and can tailor communication methods for the audience, environment and setting
- Engage stakeholders proactively
- Have the ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties
- Evidence effective team building skills, demonstrating and interest and ability to support and develop people
- Be able to prioritise and manage conflicting demands by demonstrating good organisational skills
- Have the confidence and ability to articulate a challenging strategic vision and motivate people to achieve this.
- Have a strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and able to perform under pressure
- Display good negotiation and influencing skills and can use these skills appropriately
- Be able to take decisions within the scope of responsibility (Courageous integrity / Connected and collaborative approach in gathering information to make decision)
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, and under own initiative with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Be a positive, dynamic and resilient individual, open to change and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Respond positively to challenge, showing consideration for others views and taking these into account when making decisions
- Ability to seek compromise and take people with you
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.