Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Broking Services provides full investment services in stocks, bonds, currencies, precious metals, commodities and derivatives to retail, corporate customers and financial intermediaries. As a leading full service broker dealer in Hong Kong, our investment services include advisory, execution, risk and portfolio management, custodianship, and margin financing.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Performance Analyst.Principal Responsibilities
- Performance Measurement: This is in essence the calculation of returns, benchmarks and peer groups, and distribution of information, serving our investment specialists, external and internal clients
- Performance Attribution: This refers to study of past investment strategy as well as control of future investment decisions. Performance attribution is also part of performance analysis that included security-level analysis, off benchmark investments, and multi-asset and multi-level attribution
- Performance Presentation & Evaluation: Performance presentation mainly refers to the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) coordinated by the CFA Institute (CFAI). Performance evaluation is about control, feedback, methodology maintenance, and enhancement
- Performance Interpretation: This refers to the analysis and study of performance results and to provide input and commentary on performance interpretation
- Ex-post Investment Risk: Risk factor is one of the key factors in the scope of performance measurement. Risk-adjusted measures and trend analysis are valuable tools to allow one to view the funds in a more holistic view
- Analysis and Analytics: This refers to analysis or performance-related analytical support to the other AMG functions. The team is supporting the marketing team and product development team in back-testing and modelling new product ideas is definitely example of the extension of the performance analysis capability
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, or equivalent
- Relevant experience in asset management or a related industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skill, VBA/SQL skill
- Excellent communication skill
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.