Job Description :
Title: Senior Merchandiser, Outdoor
Estimated Salary: HK$26,000-30,000/month + double pay + discretionary bonus
Report to: Product Sourcing Manager
- Follow up projects & ODM project of Plastic/natural fiber (composite) products from sourcing, development, capacity and secure orders with suppliers, customers and internal parties to meet market demand & OTIF delivery.
- Leading & coordinating Project meetings.
- Support engineering design & coordinate with external & internal parties to ensure a cost-saving and high production efficiency design/product.
- Maintain current supplier relationship & develop/build a strong supplier base to fulfil our Global sourcing strategy & ensure it meets our capability, capacity & cost requirements.
- Drive the sourcing process from supplier identification, evaluation/qualification, negotiation & engagement through all processes.
- Maintain up-to-date market trend information and proactively identify product opportunities.
- Have strong communication & influence skills with colleagues in different countries and suppliers.
- Have a thorough understanding of sourcing/operating procedures.
- Manage and follow through all-round sourcing activities including but not limited to price negotiation, project co-ordination and delivery, buying trips and factory visits and work/develop category in a strategic way.
- Work closely with internal & external stakeholders to create / review product briefs and initial product schedules / agendas; ensure project schedules / agendas are always effectively and efficiently communicated
Work Experience: 8-10 years in Merchandising/Souring
- Experience in Plastic products & components and product development, preferably in Composite (WPC) products.
- Ability to review, comment & propose improvement changes on conceptual design.
- Ability to handle projects independently & deal with sourcing, cost analysis, production control & capacity evaluation.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Good project management skills & problem shooting skills
- Sound background on product development is an advantage.
- Good PC skills.
- China travel is required (around 30%).