Job Description :
Title: Senior Manager, Raw Materials Procurement
Based in Shanghai
Required Experience and Skills:
- Lead sourcing activities in the Asia-Pacific region for the Polymers Business, lead sourcing activities in other regions to coordinate global sourcing for isoprene. Value of purchases typically would be in the $50-$100M range and consist primarily of strategic raw materials.
- Negotiate upstream raw material price with A/P vendors; prepare the purchase contract/agreement; work with the vendors for shipment issues. Evaluate vendor reliability and identify and potential new suppliers in A/P region. Develop and manage isoprene spot purchasing strategies – driving continuous improvement efforts and cost reduction initiatives.
- Track isoprene shipments from A/P suppliers; check the shipping documents from the vendors; apply for the payment to vendors. Coordinate with US colleagues; work with A/P isoprene suppliers as well as ISO tank service providers/carriers for any logistics issues of isoprene shipments. Plan and schedule with suppliers to meet required delivery dates.
- Monitor dangerous cargo shipment regulations globally, keep shipment criterion updated as per the latest regulation.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with raw materials suppliers in A/P. Improve company’s image and reputation in A/P and build up the strategic business relationship with key suppliers.
- Coordinate with Asian colleagues – reduce company’s acquisition costs for monomers and key raw materials for A/P JVs.
- Collect and analyze the market information of monomers in the A/P region and communicate pricing/market trends, forecasts and purchasing strategies to management. Keep management and other key stakeholders informed on any changes affecting supply.
- Coordinate with Asia team for the potential opportunity for tolling business or JV.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement of chemical raw materials.
- Ability to negotiate and execute procurement strategies/contracts to ensure lowest cost/best value to the company.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships as well as relationships with internal customers in order to gain an understanding of their needs to provide fit for purpose services or goods.
Education and Qualifications:
- Good written & verbal communication skills (English and Chinese, Korean a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree (Business preferred)
- Advanced SAP procedural and operational Procurement knowledge.
- Microsoft office with advanced Excel knowledge.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .Anne’s wechat:13636682099
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.