Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Senior Manager, Private Banking Product Risk and Portfolio Management - Global RiskPrincipal Responsibility
The Job Holder is responsible for leading risk management activities, such as credit analytics, product risk analysis and portfolio management, in Private Banking Asia Pacific and is the primary source of contact for product risk related issues in Private Banking Credit Risk team.
- Review and approve the credit risk associated with the new products and services to be offered by Private Banking Asia Pacific and ensure appropriate risk controls and monitoring frameworks are in place
- Review, approve and manage the Advance Ratio and Margin for all products including equities, bonds, funds, structure products, and derivatives
- Proactively identify and highlight emerging risk issues and concentrated exposures in Private Banking portfolio via portfolio review and stress testing, and ensure appropriate action is taken to protect the Bank's interests
- Ensure the credit risk controls, processes and procedures are fit for purpose and implemented effectively in accordance with the Group policy
- In charge or be the core contributor in region-wide and local system enhancement, product development and risk management projects
- Represent in risk or governance forums as delegated by Head of PB Credit Risk from time to time
- Engage stakeholders and business partners, including but not limited to Credit Advisors, Relationship Managers, and Investments and Products Group, regularly by understanding and sharing vision, best practice, challenges, and potential solutions; and by working collaboratively on product development, portfolio or product reviews, and other credit risk related initiatives
- Maintain regular communication with Business, Group Risk and other in-country Risk teams, provide feedback or advice to maintain effective relationships in the areas of responsibility; reinforce HSBC's strong brand value with third parties.
- Provide wider contribution to other areas of the Wholesale Credit and Market Risk team and guiding/mentoring of junior colleagues, and promote Private Banking Credit Risk with external stakeholders
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Typically qualifications would include an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or a related field
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications
- In-depth knowledge of margin lending and solid experience in portfolio management and managing market risk and/or capital market products
- Good understanding of HSBC overall business dynamics
- Experience of creating and leading a team and driving forward under a strategic framework with demonstrated results
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Has developed a high level of professional competence which helps to determine risk based solutions
- Strong understanding of Asian market and competitive landscape
- Strong analytical and technical skills, as well as the ability to understand and consolidate diverse and complex business information to identify and mitigate risks
- Understand the global and regional strategies of the Group and collaborates with Businesses to execute the strategies
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk trends, both internally and externally
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the senior level in the organization
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to able to lead discussion with various senior stakeholders from multiple functions
- High levels of maturity and resilience
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Balanced, constructive and commercial approach to decision-making reflective of the ‘protect and enable mandate of the Wholesale Credit and Market Risk sub function
- Demonstrated team player attitude with ability and willingness to reach out and help beyond the strict boundaries of the core role
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.