Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Manager Operational Management.Principal Responsibilities
- Supporting the Group Insurance CAO and COO on Operational Management related matters
- Support the strategy implementation; track progress, highlight risks and issues, and report on progress as required to a wide range of stakeholders
- Support financial control and oversight of the Insurance organisation in liaison with Group Finance.
- Undertake ad-hoc initiatives for the CAO (eg cost management exercises)
- Support effective communication
- Develop and keep governance and organisation models up to date and in line with Bank policy and requirements
- Meeting preparation, governance, support & follow-up as required
- Provide a high level of service to stakeholders at all times
- Ensure issues are mitigated by identifying root causes and initiating remedial actions
- Effectively manage communication with country COOs to ensure consistency and alignment globally
- Represent the COO Office professionally at all times
- Maintain excellent working relationships across Insurance and WPB, particularly with the country COOs and wider COO teams
- Proactively engage and coordinate activity where duplication or cross over may exist
- Work effectively with internal and country management teams to ensure timely and accurate submission for governance meetings and other reporting requirements
- Encourage team communication and collaboration
- Ensure appropriate governance is implemented along with robust documentation and supporting management controls
- Provide management and support for governance meetings chaired by the Group Insurance COO and CAO
- Adhere to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and timely implementation of actions
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Educated to undergraduate or post-graduate degree level in Accountancy, Finance, Technology, Business Management or related field.
- Demonstrable Insurance business knowledge
- Ability to form effective business relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate in the language of business.
- Practical experience of major business transformation activities
- Strong understanding of HSBC structures, processes and objectives across the Group
- Strong knowledge of DBS - functionally, operationally and financially
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- High level of personal drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs
- Ability to understand and interpret complex business requirements
- Ability to budget, track and control project activities and expenditure
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to support problem analysis
- Proven ability in working across different cultures and geographies
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.