Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Legal Counsel.Principal Responsibilities
HSBC's Global Legal Services (GLS) team in Hong Kong is seeking a mid-level lawyer to support its Strategic and Structured Derivatives work. The primary role is to provide legal, structuring and documentation support and facilitate HSBC in providing hedging solutions to its APAC clients through use of structured Fixed Income derivatives and FX products. In particular, the negotiation and management of secured financing agreements from a hedging perspective (primarily LMA and bespoke SFA intercreditor terms), derivatives master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA) and non-disclosure agreements in accordance with HSBC Group and local policies. This role will also be primarily responsible for providing GLS support on regulatory-driven initiatives in Markets and Securities Services.
The Jobholder will:
- Have an excellent knowledge of a variety of traded markets master agreement documentation and their underlying products (in particular, ISDA Master Agreements and other market standard derivatives and securities financing agreements) and credit, legal, regulatory and operational issues/risks relating thereto
- Have a solid understanding of the roles, responsibilities, dependencies and dynamics between key banking functions such as Sales, Trading, Counterparty Credit Risk, Market Risk, Treasury and Counterparty Exposure Management
- Ideally have negotiating experience of derivatives master agreement documentation in connection with secured financing arrangements (e.g. syndicated loans, leveraged finance, club deals, private placements), in particular, from the perspective of a hedge counterparty
- Ideally be familiar with LMA based key Finance Documents such as Intercreditor Agreements and Senior Facility Agreements and have an understanding of the documentation structure of most common financing transactions
- Have an advantage with an understanding of securitizations and covered bond transactions
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Legal background (qualified lawyer or law degree)
- Experienced transactional legal and/ or negotiator background in the Derivatives field
- Minimum 5 years experience advising upon and secured financing transactions and their documentation from a hedging perspective
- negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and related or similar documentation
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Chinese skills a plus but not essential
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.