Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Legal Counsel.Principal Responsibilities
- Provide prompt, commercial, practical and high-quality legal advice and support to our Securities Services
- Ensure senior legal management is fully briefed on major issues and legislative changes
- Coordinate and assist in the management of projects and business initiatives
- Identify, formulate, co-ordinate and communicate policies, procedures and controls to ensure legal risks are effectively managed
- Recommend selection of panel law firms and other appropriate external parties
- Share legal knowledge and best practices with legal colleagues
- Provide support to the Deputy General Counsel and Associate General Counsel who are in charge of Securities Services
- Assist the business in remaining compliant with legal risk management requirements set out in the Group Standards Manual and Legal Functional Instruction Manual
- Full legal qualification with proven post-qualification experience
- Sound knowledge of banking, commercial, corporate and securities law
- Corporate and compliance experience an advantage
- Good analytical, lateral-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Independent approach with the capacity to effectively prioritise and work under pressure
- Good attention to details along with the ability to handle a diverse range of issues
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good command of written and verbal English and Cantonese
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.