We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country's chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Take full ownership of technical requirements of the assigned customer account(s) and manage their needs as BASF technical window person
- Obtain customer technical requirements and develop optimized solutions that meet both the customer requirements and CCE/A strategic targets
- Provide application engineering service and sell BASF technology proposals in order to meet/exceed customer needs
- Obtain customer needs and communicate these appropriately into the BASF organization in order to ensure an effective development of new products according to market requirement
- Follow-up proactively customer programs and apply product portfolio knowledge to provide technical support to assigned account
- Design testing plan and implement assigned new customer projects
- Manage experimental data and keep clear and up-to-date documentation to be shared with research and application groups worldwide
- Develop people skills to coordinate challenging tasks in Application Engineering.
- May team up with sales and research and development to meet assigned OEMs requirements.
- According to corporate, company and statutory EHS requirements, implement and comply with the relevant safety and environment protection policies and procedures
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Education: Master degree or above (Ph.D. preferred) in automotive/mechanical engineering or chemistry/chemical engineering
- Working Experience: Master degree in above fields. Relevant industrial experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of technology delivery to customers.
- Good English speaking and writing skills, can make presentation in English
- Excellent Mandarin and a second language skill (German, Japanese, Korean, French, etc.) is a plus
- Need to show core competencies of BASF Asia Pacific like striving for achievement, communication and interpersonal understanding and customer focus
- Foster and implement team work