Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Control Manager, Technology.Principal Responsibilities
- Understand the health of the relevant MSS IT and wider Group Technology controls and actively participate in risk management processes including relationships with senior stakeholders across Technology, Business COO, 2nd (Risk Stewards) and 3rd (Internal Audit) Lines of Defence functions
- Partner with the MSS HK and Asia CIOs management team to create effective design, analysis and remediation of control measures
- Provide risk and controls consultancy, advice and guidance to the MSS HK and Asia CIOs team
- Prepare the IT control owners for and support the execution of GCCO control assurance testing
- Lead the application and critique of the MSS Technology risk and controls framework for key areas (MSS HK and Asia Technology function)
- Ensure the appropriate application of policies control standards and procedures
- Advocate the desired behavioural changes across the CIO community required to mature the understanding and management of technology risk controls
- Participate in strategic control framework work streams
- Active collaboration with other CCO Tech teams
- Partner with the HK and Asia CIOs and their management team providing risk and controls consultancy, advice and guidance
- Operating as a Subject Matter Expert Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Management Framework for the CIO areas in scope of the role
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- IT risk management within a large, complex and heavily regulated banking environment
- Emerging technology risk, Cloud, Digital, AI, Robotics and automation
- Understand how IT controls and relate to business risk, and how control remediation mitigates residual risks for MSS Banking
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge across the following frameworks and methodologies covering IT Risk (risk assessment, control frameworks and KCI's, Issue/Action management), Software Development Lifecycle (Agile, DevOps, Business Transformation Framework, Project Management), and IT Service Management
- Knowledge and experience within MSS/Commercial Banking and/or Payments Services (products, services, infrastructure) helpful but not required
- Ability to drill down to root cause and write/review clearly articulated risk documentation
- Able to analyse complex situations, influence strategies with practical, effective solutions
- Understanding of application and technology control design e.g. SOX testing, payments security, PCI etc.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.