Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Compliance Manager, Compliance Advisory Global Banking, ASP - Compliance
- Provide Regulatory Compliance advice and support in respect of the Banking and Capital Markets activities in Hong Kong and other countries in the ASP region and provide assistance and directions to all relevant country Compliance Officers
- Implement necessary procedures and policies to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes as well as Global Standards Manual, Global Risk FIM and Banking Regulatory Compliance Manual
- Identify Regulatory Compliance Risks in the relevant business and provide necessary assessments and solutions
- Monitor changes to business practice and products, resolve issues including the specification of processes, procedures and system enhancements from a Regulatory Compliance perspective to ensure adequate controls
- Report all actual and potential breaches of applicable laws and regulations
- To assist and support the Head of Compliance Advisory GB ASP on Regulatory Compliance matters on Global Banking activities in ASP as and when required
- Maintain ongoing relationship with all relevant regulatory authorities
- Attend to all internal and regulatory audits and inspections
- Liaise with all other support functions such as internal audit, legal, risk, finance and operations on various
- To exercise risk steward challenge, act as independent trusted advisory in governance forums, issue management, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with risk owners and control owners
- University graduate preferably with a degree in Accounting or Law
- Thorough understanding of Global Banking business, with knowledge of broad range of Global Banking products and services
- Sound knowledge of Hong Kong and global investment banking related regulations and company legislation
- Experience of working in a compliance function
- Confidence to interact with the influential senior management within Global Banking regional and local businesses
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills, inter-personal skills and excellent relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make sound judgements
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.