Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst.Principal Responsibilities
- Work as technical lead to implement quality project deliverables
- Lead in business requirement review, system design, issue investigation, solution architecture review and application testing
- Lead in conducting comprehensive analysis of the existing system and existing processes with data mapping, gap-analysis
- Assist in conducting Feasibility analysis on initiatives with deliverables like Business cases, where proposals are signed-off by the client
- Assist in capturing user functional requirements defined and documented comprehensively with a client sign-off
- Ensure that the functional information is appropriately conveyed to the technical teams as per project needs
- Drive various partner teams and agree the system design to meet the business requirement
- Administer/conduct detailed System Acceptance Tests
- Responsible to enhance the delivery process and improve the efficiency
- Provide production support on roster basis
- Build-up comprehensive banking domain knowledge base
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology and minimum 10 years of work experience specifically in application development working experience
- Proven experience in the HSBC business environment or an IT role
- Solid understanding of how technology adds value to the business and ultimately the end customer
- Solid experience end to end project delivery experience
- Solid experience in server technologies is an advantage, e.g. Linux, shell scripts, Java, Control-M, Oracle, SQL, Message Queue, WAS/Liberty and etc.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders
- Analytical mind set on root cause analysis and resolution
- Proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic, independent working ability, high sense of responsibility, a good team player and proven fast learner
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English is a MUST. Mandarin speaking is a plus
- Experience on working in a global/regional time critical system would be an advantage
- Experience on Project Management would be an advantage
- Familiar with Payment domain would be an advantage
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.