Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst.Principal Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the business to help produce clear business requirements and functional specifications
- Collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to assess, select and recommend solutions or alternative approaches that will achieve business goals, redact time-to-market, cost, scope, while achieving a high-quality deliverable
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Communicate effectively with both business users and the IT development teams
- Ability to manage conflicting business requirements and project scope
- Review of defects and their prioritisation
- Create test plans and conduct testing on IT components and working with the development team to resolve any identified defects
- Conduct user training session on system functionalities
- Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency, etc. that are applicable
- Ensure deliverables fulfil business requirements and quality levels and usability
- Ability to escalate risks, issues and dependencies to management
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Full life cycle Business Analysis experience from requirements definition, testing, through to implementation within a business facing IT environment
- Strong analytical ability with a high degree of attention to details and problem analysis techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to work effectively with senior stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent team player who contributes to the overall project delivery
- Experience working with offshore development, analysis and test teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Business, or related discipline preferred, with 5-7 years of relevant experience. Education requirements may be satisfied with commensurate experience
- Banking experience (particularly Credit & Lending) is preferred
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.