Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst.Principal Responsibilities
- Capturing, analysing and documenting of business process (including IT processes)
- Designing of solutions or change interventions
- Managing change activities which can include diverse tasks such as timeline planning to stakeholder engagement
- Devising change interventions such as training and communication
- Managing the tracking and documenting progress and managing status reporting
- Implementing solutions
- Managing support staff, ensuring resources are utilised effectively and resource supply meets demand
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across the Group. Excellent communication skills are mandatory, as are good tact and diplomacy, as the role requires constant communication with other individuals and teams with the HSBC Group
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks
- Self- motivated enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Utilises own initiative to resolve issues
Skills & Essential Experience
- Excellent command on Excel tools and Power point presentations
- Experience on the project management planning ways
- Good Hands On Tooling like Confluence and Jira
- Ability to convey requirements to developers in the technical language understood by developers
- Domain knowledge in Banking industry, includes business, operation, technology prefers
- Proven, significant and demonstrable experience of analysing and documenting business requirements for global applications
- Practical experience in functional analysis and design, utilising different methodologies i.e. Use Cases, Business Process Modelling within an Agile Project environment
- Proven, significant and demonstrable experience of following a structured approach to analysis, including the preparation of all related artefacts (e.g. functional system specifications etc.)
- Strong technical written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the project lifecycle and application development process including best practice methodologies
- The role-holder will be a confident, well-organised, self-starting individual with extensive data analysis and change management experience
- They will be able to demonstrate HSBC value
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (comfortable in written and verbal communications) to facilitate with users from around the world and from different cultural backgrounds), relationship management and flexible interpersonal skills
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills
- That they are self-motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active and a proven fast learner
- A structured approach to the management and planning of their own work (able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, prioritising appropriately and transparently)
- Accountability for delivery - takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution with minimal supervision
- Appetite, enthusiasm and desire to execute change at pace
- A willingness to constructively challenge accepted wisdom ensure focus on the problem to be addressed rather than 'the solution we want'
- Experienced in working with resources in geographically dispersed teams, appreciating and respecting local cultures
- Advanced analysis, requirements elicitation, functional design and problem-solving skills - structured, formal approach to analysis tasks
- Able to articulate clearly the project lifecycle and application development process including best practice methodologies and an uncompromising eye for quality
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Additional Experience & Skills
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Previous experience of working within both Agile & Traditional development teams
- Ability to work under pressure to exacting deadlines
- Experience of working across: geographies, cultures and time zones
- Flexibility to travel, attend meetings across wide time zones
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.