Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC aims to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions. We serve around 55 million customers across both established and emerging markets through our four Global Businesses which are supported by our 10 Global Functions and HSBC Technology and Services. Our network covers around 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East, Africa, North America and Latin America.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Segmentation Manager.Principal Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivery of defining and maintaining the operational profiles used by both inbound and outbound digital messaging teams the aim of which is to ultimately drive revenue plans for Digital within the RBWM AMH / ASP Customer Group.
- The role holder will work under the guidance of the Senior Digital Messaging Performance manager to ensure that segment properties when used in operations to the broader operations team and performance
- Responsible for for reviewing and iterating the rules and behaviours that generate a segment to manage the trade-off between certain characteristics that include but not limited to , performance and mutually exclusive
- The role purpose is also to ensure new behaviours / signals are defined, clearly articulate into contribution to the operational profile; examples including signals from analytics tags, external data sets procured via the DMP, advertising logs and CRM segments brought into the operational store
- Define and maintain the operational profile used by inbound and outbound messaging operations teams for targeting
- Accountable for segment properties when used in operations to the broader operations team and performance manager.
- To enable success the role holder must be able to build and maintain successful working relationships with both names internal and external parties
- Proven track record of delivering best in class data segmentation and targeting strategies that have enable both inbound and outbound digital messaging
- Strong Analytical ability and experience - excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work with complex data from a variety of sources, and to operate effectively where data is ambiguous or incomplete
- The ability to quickly understand customer and operational considerations, e.g. risk
- Previous experience of either Financial Services problem sets or dynamic messaging problem sets.
- Excellent understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice
- Subject Matter Expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations
- Innovative - the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Commercial focus - capable of identifying and quantifying key business drivers to achieve business goals
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, e.g. commercials, risk, customer experience; determine the implications and make recommendations as needed.
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation
- People skills with the ability to share own Subject Matter Expertise to coach and develop others
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.