Reporting to the Director, Marketing (International), the Director, Sales will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strategic relationships with key customers and distribution partners throughout the territory. You will oversee all channel management including key accounts, general trade and wholesalers.
As the Director, Sales, you are responsible for leading in all areas of sales operations including sales generation, ensuring maximum sales and profit goals, loss prevention, operations, merchandising and employee development.
About the Role
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop sales strategy and be in-tuned of market trends that may impact the business.
- Understand customer strategy and how to leverage the brand value proposition for business growth.
- Responsible to deliver annual budget plan and monitor performance to budget.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic customers, wholesalers and as well as distributors/partners.
- Set and enforce sales goals with distributor, key accounts and wholesalers.
- Work with distributors to ensure continual improvement in capability, knowledge, fulfillment performance and profitability.
- Identify opportunities for new business development and provide critical input into the development of category and channel plans.
- Coordinate directly with marketing team on brand and trade marketing program.
- To create effective long-term relationships with strategic customers and key stakeholders to drive financial impact.
- To deliver sales target set in the budget.
- To drive sales optimization and effectiveness.
- To deliver impact from channel and brand marketing programs agreed in the plan.
- To establish and enforce pricing and discount policies.
- To prepare and execute annual reviews of distributors.
- To make key decisions to ensure that route-to-market approach is optimized.
- To provide accurate demand forecasting to distributors.
- To Implement commercial best practices.
- 7-10+ years sales experience in a leading FMCG company at a national level preferably within the beverage industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate and work effectively across functional groups/departments.
- Experience of developing and mentoring direct reports (if any).
- Ability to apply business experiences across multiple product lines and/or channels.
- Aptitude to think creatively and strategically, and translate strategy into operational tactics.
- An independent mindset, valuing collaborative decision making, capable of championing ideas with confidence.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Proven track record of creating compelling and successful sales presentations tailored to customers as well as the ability to effectively communicate programs to distributors/partners.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.