Job Description :
Sales Director, Electronic Components Distribution
To increase sales for assigned accounts in accordance with corporate objectives
Job Content (Primary & Secondary Functions)
- Performance to Budget
- Enhance relationship at assigned accounts
- Level of account penetration and coverage on assigned accounts
- Value Added Services deployed at customer
- Coordination with Regional Account Mgr and Global Account Mgr on assigned accounts
- Meet or exceed sales target and company objectives.
- Manage, maintain and grow assigned customer base.
- Develop a clear understanding of customer business: products, services and organization
- Participate in coordinating Regional/Global Quote and Cost Down exercises.
- Consistently follow-up on all bidding RFQs/Buys.
- Identify and involve all Registration Parts in bidding RFQs
- Get involved in all Transfer Business inbound or outbound.
- Ensure split and HOF forms are prepared and submitted for all transferred programs.
- Negotiate and close business with customer.
- Meet commitments made and maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Communicate on an on-going basis with Inside Sales to ensure Customer Profile and all activities information is updated.
- Work with the TSM team as needed to ensure maximize design efforts in those customers that have design engineers.
- Identify the CM's end customers and initiate Back to the Future requests where the ROI is adequate.
- Review RFQs from customers and manage customer expectation based on the information available from the quote request.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure all relevant criteria have been considered prior to issuing a quote.
Key Challenges (Current & Future)
- Degree in sales related subjects
- 5 years of experience in management capacity
- 10 + years of sales experience
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation abilities
- Product knowledge
- Team Player
- Systematic Thought Process
- Communication Skills
- To meet or exceed sales budget with decent margin position and group objectives set by the Vice President
- Maintain a good relationship with the customer through all situations.
- Ensure Product Marketing clearly understands the overall customer's strategy, as well as goals, to maximize our quoting effectiveness.