About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos Resourcing strategies and responsibilities of resourcing specialist to the respective business/ functions.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider market intelligence of direct or related competitors&rsquo recruitment behaviour so align to SCB&rsquos Resourcing strategies
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end resourcing process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas in Retail Banking including but not limited to Front-line and middle/back office talents. The role holder will work closely with hiring managers by providing both consultative and transactional resourcing support to deliver a comprehensive and value-added service, covering the recruitment of all employed worker (internal and external) hires.
- The ability to interpret the Group&rsquos financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Key StakeholdersOther Responsibilities
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Conduct structured business needs discussions with hiring managers before candidate search commences, identifying the key role and candidate requirements, and agreeing the sourcing and selection strategy, SLA and respective roles and accountabilities, updating the JR accordingly
- Design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases
- Develop multi-hire sourcing approaches and work in partnership with colleagues across the network to tap into various sourcing channels
- Conduct preliminary and behavioural interviews, as required, assessing candidates to ensure cultural fit for the bank, values alignment, long term potential, and technical fit for roles (via telephone or face to face where possible)
- Ensure pre-employment checks are completed in line with global minimum standards, managing any discrepancies or delays etc highlighted by the Talent Acquisition Coordinator with the vendor, candidate or hiring manager (as appropriate)
- Establish strong relationship with hiring managers and respective Business HR Partners by coaching them to deliver the best practice of recruitment
- Use Taleo as a recruitment tool to drive the end to end resourcing process, recording all relevant details associated to job requisitions and candidates in a timely manner, ensuring applicants are categorized effectively in the CV database for easy and fast retrieval, and regularly conducting any required system &lsquohousekeeping&rdquo
- Maintain good relationship with external recruitment vendors and contacts to stay abreast of hiring trends, market intelligence, benchmarking, and potential talents pool.
- Minimum of 4 years&rsquo experience in end-to-end in-house/recruitment agencies or RPO experiences for banks
- Degree in a business or related discipline with commercial experience
- Understanding of executing volume based sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels (including external recruitment agencies) to deliver recruitment targets within budget
- Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term)
- Experience in using Taleo
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Advanced technical skills with Excel is highly preferable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.