Role ResponsibilitiesScope of Role:
- Designing and delivering innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases
- Proactively searching for, identifying, networking with and directly contacting active and passive job seekers, both internally and externally, for hard-to-hire, evergreen and specific vacancies, sourcing the very best candidates using a variety of channels that are aligned to and effectively communicate the employer brand including:
- (Where possible) conducting pure research and name generation activities
- Online advertising (careers website, external job board postings) and automated electronic candidate searches
- Contacting potential candidates who have posted their information on the internet, consistently generating leads from applicants over the phone or face to face
- Searching the in-house CV database, creating hot lists, keeping high quality declined candidates warm and on potential prospect lists
- Networking at professional and trade events, and careers fairs, and partnering with Government Labor Agencies
- Engaging and managing external PSL recruitment agencies, where required
- Developing multi-hire sourcing approaches and working in partnership with colleagues across the network to tap in to overseas sourcing channels and co-ordinate global campaigns
- Participating in intern, graduate and MBA recruitment events and activities (e.g. careers fairs), as required. Referring any direct hire applicants who would have strong potential for a programme role
- Continuously attracting candidates to work for the Bank by promoting the organization as an employer of choice in the market place, partnering with internal and external stakeholders to drive both short and long term employer branding initiatives.
- Developing effective pre-screening questions in PeopleSoft to maximize process efficiency, short listing CVs against the JR requirements, actively reviewing and challenging the diversity of talent pools
- Efficient end to end applicant management for each JR i.e. timely review and short listing of applications, promptly updating applicants and responding to any queries, liaising with Resourcing Coordinator regarding interview and assessment arrangements, briefing and preparing candidates for interview (directly or via agencies)
- Conducting preliminary and behavioral interviews, as required, assessing candidates to ensure cultural fit for the bank, values alignment, long term potential, and technical fit for roles (via telephone or face to face where possible), setting realistic role expectations
- Advising hiring managers on the selection tools available for different roles (e.g. Gallup interviews), developing relevant interview questions and analysing structured selection interview reports (as required) to assess the implications of candidates strengths profiles
- Advising hiring managers on which candidates to progress to the next stage, ensuring the right recruitment decisions are made, challenging the business recommendations as required
- Completing legal right to work and address verification during interview process
- Managing any rejections who may be potentials for other roles, ensuring that rejections are handled appropriately and candidate contact is maintained (via Resourcing Coordinators, as appropriate)
- Co-coordinating timely provision of feedback between the hiring manager, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates. Responsible for updating interview notes in PeopleSoft and ensuring timely and appropriate completion of the same by co-interviewers.
- Negotiating offers between hiring managers, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates, assisting in the negotiation of release dates and backfill requirements where applicable. Working in partnership with Reward and hiring managers to establish competitive, effective total reward packages in line with budgets and global policies
- Liaising with Resourcing Coordinator to ensure timely contract issuance following verbal offer
- Managing work permit applications and extensions for new hires and in-country transfers, where required
- Improving candidate conversion rates (first offer made to acceptance ratio) through effectively diagnosing and selling the most relevant points for each individual about the role, the Bank, the brand, benefits etc.
- Ensuring pre-employment checks are completed in line with global minimum standards, managing any discrepancies or delays etc highlighted by the Resourcing Coordinator with the vendor, candidate or hiring manager (as appropriate)
- Responsible for ensuring all Resourcing related Right Start pre-employment global standards are met or exceeded for candidates under remit (i.e. issuing of contracts and induction packs, timely Bank ID creation and issuing notifications to hiring managers, HR RMs and OEs where appropriate confirming start dates and their Right Start responsibilities)
- Developing innovative pre-joining strategy, maintaining regular contact with candidates and keeping them warm post offer acceptance.
- Effectively interacting with, and responding to, colleagues, candidates, customers and suppliers, building sustainable relationships, setting and managing expectations clearly, identifying and resolving the root cause of any issues and escalating as required
- Building strong relationships with hiring managers and HR RMs, coaching them to deliver best practice recruitment and prompt feedback, ensuring that credibility is earned quickly and the role holder is sought out for advice and engaged at the outset of all recruitment
- Working collaboratively and sharing knowledge with Resourcing professionals in other countries.
- Using PeopleSoft to drive the end to end resourcing process, recording all relevant details associated to job requisitions and candidates in a timely manner, ensuring applicants are categorized effectively in the CV database for easy and fast retrieval, and regularly conducting any required system `housekeeping
- Analysing recruitment data, reports and balanced scorecard performance data to proactively monitor and interpret internal and external conditions / trends, using these findings to identify areas for improvement in delivering Resourcing solutions that meet business needs e.g. more effective and / or efficient channel management, candidate conversion
- Regular updates with HR RMs regarding JRs raised, work in progress etc.
Our Ideal CandidateQualifications & Skills:
- Responsible for developing appropriate resource acquisition strategies, and managing the end-to-end resourcing process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and transactional Resourcing support to deliver a comprehensive and value added service, covering the recruitment of all employed worker (internal and external) hires.
- Proven recruitment experience (in-house or search firm) of retained search and selection, or contingency and multi channel recruitment, with a successful track record in effective job filling within a complex recruitment model / environment
- Able to deal with high recruitment volumes as well as more specialist vacancies, managing multiple vacancies at any time across a variety of disciplines
- Understanding and some experience of developing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels to deliver recruitment targets within budget. Some experience of managing / working with PSLs and non-PSLs and good knowledge of the market place, competitors and best practice
- Consulting / diagnostic skills (e.g. probing to identify underlying needs, effective questioning to provoke broader thinking about resource requirements, capability gaps etc)
- Sound communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to network effectively, establish credibility quickly, build sustainable relationships, relate to candidates and hiring managers, push back on hiring managers / agencies and effectively sell Standard Chartered Bank to individuals
- Ability to deal with conflict, and remain positive when under pressure
- Customer-focused approach
- Sound reasoning skills and the ability to screen and interview applicants while making sound judgments on suitability for the role / organization
- Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritizing, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and medium term)
- Experience of analysing recruitment management information and using this to identify and initiate improvements
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of HR databases (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Experience in an international professional services / banking environment
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with a broad base of cultures, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking / divisions.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website