About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesScope of Role:
- Driving business targets of the Business Banking segment. Keep abreast with Business Banking market developments to achieve better customer service and sharpened sales focus.
- Ensure customer portfolio are well managed to deliver business performance and achieve targets
- Maintain close relationship with Business Banking customers in providing solution based initiatives to meet their needs.
- Build and expand existing customer relationship through in-depth analysis of their needs.
- Priorities activities to maximize revenue contribution from the high potential customers.
- Acquire new business via outselling of existing/new Business Banking products to SMEs, and cross-sell other RC products.
- Interview credit application, collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and merits of the special loan request, establish and negotiate terms under which credit proposal and application for approval.
- Manage and out serve existing allocated portfolio of Business Banking customers and achieved the assigned revenue target via providing of total banking solutions.
- Responsible for identifying the business monitoring and testing and reporting findings, exceptions and results from such monitoring/testing activities.
- To monitor and ensure strict execution of KYC policy within the Business Banking.
- To constantly operate within the compliance&rsquos guidelines set by group standard and/or local regulations.
- Constantly stay in touch with SME market to understand the latest development in the SME market in term of products and/or services, to suggest and help the Business Banking management in implementation of new product and/or services of Business Banking China.
- From time to time, to complete ad hoc tasks assigned by the line manager, deemed appropriate and necessary for the smooth functioning of the department.
- Accountable for implementing and complying with AML requirements when performing duties.
- Fully understand the importance of fraud prevention, prevent fraud risks, maintain safe and steady operation of the position, implement regulatory requirements of fraud prevention, strictly execute DOIs of the department, ensure to complete relevant trainings and embed fraud prevention in daily work
- Fully understand the importance of consumer rights protection, prevent damage to consumer&rsquos best interest, implement regulatory requirements related to consumer rights protection,ensure to complete relevant trainings and to always embed consumer rights protection mindset when performing daily work.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- University degree in Finance or related discipline is preferred.
- With certain years of banking experience preferred.
- Experience in selling to corporate customers, specifically to small and medium enterprises (SME) preferred.
- Knowledge of trade finance products preferred.
- Good marketing, communication, and interpersonal skill preferred.
- Willing to work under pressure
- Proactive, positive attitude, customer oriented, self-motivated & a strong champion of team work spirit
- Good command in written English preferred.
Other then above roles, job holder should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager from time to time.
- Above key responsibilities and selection criteria are the major assessment to assess the staff if qualified during probation and competent after probation. Failing to satisfy any of the aforesaid requirements, or failing to pass the CPBB essential
- , the employee will be deemed not meeting the recruitment requirement for passing probation, and the Bank is entitled to terminate the employee&rsquos employment contract immediately. For employee who has passed the probation, failing to pass the CPBB essential will be taken as assessment basis for job incompetency.
- Before attend and pass the CPBB essential class, the employee should not perform any kind of business communication / engagement to customers.
- Please note that the job description above will be reviewed during the Job Objective setting every year, which may be amended and agreed where necessary by the employee and the line manager.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles [Act responsibly and within your authority, Use good judgment, Speaking Up, Comply with laws, regulations and Group standards, Fight financial crime, Reject bribery and corruption, Ensure fair outcomes for clients, Manage conflicts of interest, Do not engage in or support insider dealing, Protect confidential information, Compete fairly in the market place, Treat colleagues fairly and with respect, Be open and honest with regulators give them your full co-operation, Respect our communities and the environment]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements onindividual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.