About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesPurpose
- Grow, deepen and retaining client portfolio assigned. Market and sell a full range of financial services and products including cash management, trade, lending, wealth management, etc to cater for business client&rsquos segment.
- Deliver financial objectives of team via full range of BB products. Achieve revenue & assets/ liabilities targets. Meet client satisfaction and other matrices. Fulfil risk and control objectives.
Execute Refreshed Retail Clients Strategy
- Meet revenue, balance sheet targets and KPIs
- Ensure diversification of revenue streams
- Manage business opportunity and risk associated within own portfolio
- Provide need-based selling on treasury and investment products (excluding complex hedging structures) and market outlook given customer&rsquos financial objectives and needs profile and based on approved sales scripts. Explain securities services and associated risks to clients who are interested in using the Bank&rsquos related services.
- Work collaboratively to resolve issues across business/functions in ways that maximize performance for Business Clients overall
- Attend adequate training
Risk Management and Control
- Deepen, broaden and grow HVS/Business Banking on client portfolio assigned
- Leverage the network
- Foster client relationship and client experience and drive service to sales
Sales Governance and Operational Risk Management
- Ensure compliance with external and internal regulations and policies. Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct. Understand and adhere to the Bank's Risk policies
- Compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements at all times, in particular for money laundering prevention procedures and reporting any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
- Ensure KYC/ CDD compliance for all new to bank and existing customers. Exercise risk assessment for new customers by following through all necessary procedures of KYC and mis-selling.
- Ensure effective complaint management.
- Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control
- No failed audit and enhance control and process to minimize audit recommendations
- Explain Securities services and associated risks to clients who are interested in using the Bank's related services (applicable to RI only).
- Provide information on securities products and handle related customer enquiries as appropriate in day to day customer interactions (applicable to RI only). Supervise and provide guidance to team members on regulated activities of RIs under SFO where applicable to ensure compliance (applicable to RI only)
- Compliance with the Group Sanctions: U.S. Persons Procedures. [i.e. must not be involved in business involving countries sanctioned by the U.S. and is not to be involved in any Affected Activity.] (applicable to US Person only)
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Follow operating and instructions/ procedures, understand duties and responsibilities and the need to seek clarification or escalate issues in timely manner
- Attend training/ on the job training adequate to undertake full duties and responsibilities to prevent any operational risk
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Operation of Financial Markets Financial Crime Prevention The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lending Fulfilment Team
- Client On boarding Team
- Business Insurance Specialist
- Credit Initiation Team
- Business Banking Operations
- Business Banking DDM Team
- Financial Crime Risk Team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in HK
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Preferably university graduates and/or
- Relevant experience in sales and customer relationship building with a proven track record in dealing with corporate business
- With ability to work independently and under high pressure
- Proven sales track record passion for selling and keen to see results
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.