About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesBusiness Strategy, Operations %26amp; Infrastructure Strategy
- Implement the strategic operations direction and roadmap for Region %26amp; Country FCSO, align with Business %26amp; CFCC Strategy, FCC Strategy, the T%26amp;I Strategy and investment appetite.
- Support architecture in formulation of Best Practice and apply agreed methodologies across Regional / country Operations.
- Drive global FCSO strategy across Region %26amp; country to streamline processes, enhance productivity, reduce risk, improve controls, leveraging technologies.
- Ensure the client experience is seamless based on efficient processing, timely resolution of client exceptions and is perceived as an enabler by the business to generate and retain client flows.
- Monitor the FCSO/Surveillance regional / country processes to ensure appropriate and consistent implementation of FCSO programmes
- Ensure there is adequate support (people, process, tools, frameworks, systems) for necessary control
- Work hand in hand with the Regional %26amp; Country FCC, Regional %26amp; Country CFCC %26amp; Business, taking product programs from investment decisions, into design, specification, and solution phases, all to way to operations on the ground, securing support services from other teams. The term %26ldquo;Product%26rdquo; is used here in a generic sense to describe required capabilities. It includes capabilities that are needed to meet regulatory requirements as well as capabilities for supporting %26ldquo;internal clients%26rdquo;.
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevant business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to policy and standards) are communicated and cascaded (in Region %26amp; Country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends
- Effectively supervise Region %26amp; Country FCSO team for day-to-day BAU activities
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of significant AML/CTF issues to FCSO MT and relevant Policy owners
Responsible for discharging Process Universe related responsibilities as defined in the ERMF:
- Process owner responsibilities for the FCSO/Surveillance processes for the Region %26amp; Country, including: Identification and Management of all applicable Risk sub-types
- Provide input to the RCSA to monitor the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, and adherence to the standards governing the end-to-end process
- Reporting to Group Head FCSO, the Process Universe Owner, Risk Framework or Policy Owners
- Escalating significant risks and issues to the Process Universe Owner, Risk Framework or Policy Owners
- Engagement of Second Line of Defence for approval, guidance and challenge
- Accountable for managing the Region %26amp; Country FCSO Surveillance process within approved Group risk appetite, and breach escalation
- Implementation of the Group policies/standards and Country Addendum (from 2LOD) and Group DOI/guidance and Country variation (from 1LOD) to mitigate the applicable risks and risk sub-types, in line with local country FCC regulations
- Assessment, Monitoring and Mitigation of FCC risks relating to Surveillance and Operations
- Data aggregation, risk reporting and data quality of group Management Information related to AA process
- Responsibility for specifically meeting the requirements of processes and Controls in relation to:
- Risk Assessment
- Transaction Monitoring;
- Management information;
- Transaction and Customer Name Screening;
- Threat Assessment
- Financial Crime External Engagement
- Support Region/Country in implementation of investigation, surveillance and intelligence standards set by regulators and the Group FCC function (via processes defined by Group FCSO GPOs), and Country FCC
- Support Region/Country CPO to develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Country Policy Owner, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that the FCSO Country Teams are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard
- With firm wide Governance members (NFRCs), business leaders and support functions, maintain a strong and appropriate control environment across the relevant business in line with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ORF requirements. Ensure the necessary Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) are in place across FCSO and periodically tested in accordance with the Group%26rsquo;s Business Continuity framework
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Bank and the Role holder plays in managing them and ensure reasonable steps are taken in managing them.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated as appropriate through the relevant committees or individuals, such as Regional Head, FCC and / or CFCC, the relevant Business or regional COOs / CEOs, GNFRC, GFCRC, and/or the Group%26#39;s regulators in line with the banks policies.
- Participate and contribute to the effective operation of Region %26amp; Country specific Business Operational Risk Forums (BORF%26rsquo;s) in managing FCSO / FCC related risks
- Ensure operational incidents (losses or near misses) and client complaints are logged in accordance with relevant polices
- Ensure root causes reports relating to operational incidents are completed in line with the Banks policies including meeting of all reporting time lines. This includes the implementation of any appropriate process and control changes to minimise the probability of a re-occurrence.
- Ensure Country/Regional Residual Risk is completed to the appropriate scope, quality and timelines
- Input into optimisation of risk and data analytic tools/techniques to tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems
- Provide input into decisions on how detection scenarios are developed and deployed to ensure they are fit-for-purpose.
- Review and assess existing system and controls relevant to surveillance processes performed by FCSO to ascertain operational performance and effectiveness.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions relevant to Region %26amp; Country Surveillance activity.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, CFCC assurance activities and specific investigations
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
Business Continuity Management:
- Embed the Group%26rsquo;s values and code of conduct in the FCSO Team in the Region %26amp; Country to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with internal Outsourcing Policy and Procedures whilst also adhering to local regulatory rules across our jurisdictions
- Ensure the appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Service Review Meetings (SRMs) are in place between GBS and Region %26amp; Country FCSO for any outsourced processes and activities
- Represent FCSO at any relevant Country / Regional Committees
People and Talent
- Accountable to ensure BCM framework adequately supports the business strategy. Where necessary provide executive sponsorship for major BCM initiatives.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from my team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Region %26amp; Country FCSO function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank%26rsquo;s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Provide Regional leadership in FCSO team to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional and Country Heads, FCC
- Regional and Country Heads, CFCC
- Regional and Country Heads of Business
- Group Head AML / Sanctions
- Country RFO%26rsquo;s
- Regional i3
- Group, Regional and Country Internal Audit
- Regional and Country Ops Risk
- Key Regulators
- Peers in other Banks
- Regional and Country COOs
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of best practice in transaction monitoring, name screening and transaction screening systems and processes
- Experience of designing of or leading implementations of transaction monitoring and screening system in global financial institutions
- Sound judgement on regulatory relationship management and reputational risk
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience
- Personal authority, with proven ability to establish relationships and provide direction at senior management levels
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to lead a cross-border, multi-functional team
- Strong management qualities, interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to manage geographically dispersed and highly varied customer and stakeholder base
- Market Knowledge: %26ndash; awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Business Strategy and Model: %26ndash; awareness and understanding of the firm%26rsquo;s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Risk Management and Control: %26ndash; the ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the Role holder plays in managing them.
- Financial Analysis and Control: %26ndash; the ability to interpret the firm%26rsquo;s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: %26ndash; the ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm%26rsquo;s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- This role would require relevant experience, covering the implementation of strategy into technology solutions, part of which is operating at the Group level of able international companies, ideally with sometime in the finance sector. International exposure, ability to handle cultural diversity and developing high performers are essential to this role.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.