Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Regional Data Management Lead, ASP Wholesale.Principal Responsibilities
- Execute a strategy which unlocks the unique power of HSBC's data assets, linking in external data to deliver analytical insights, which enables the businesses to pivot to a digital agenda underpinned by well-governed and accessible data
- Promote data-led thought leadership to ensure that Wholesale Support's agenda remains aligned to GB and CMB's strategic objectives, focused on enhancing business strategy, customer outcomes and realising value
- Act as subject matter expert for Wholesale data governance, quality and protection, working closely with D&A community and leads in market to improve the quality and value of core data assets and respond to regulatory requirements
- Ensure that data within the designated trusted sources are of high quality and fit for purpose and create reusable assets that benefit multiple parts of the business. This will significantly enhance the ability to make timely, data-driven decisions across all aspects of wholesale activity
- Identify opportunities to create efficiency and scale including maximum utilization of offshore capabilities in the Global Development Centres / Wholesale GSC
- Provide performance oversight, management and maintenance of third party trusted sources or intra-group service providers
- Accountable for Regional data related programmes to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and business expectations
- Oversee and supervise the application and enforcement of policies and standards for effective data management
- Drive a consistent data management approach across ASP
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Understanding of the Group and the GB and CMB businesses, including products, propositions, services, systems, sales process, relationship management models, the financial services landscape and competitor developments
- Strong understanding of data management, data security, data architecture, analytics, data science, data engineering, data privacy and ethical standards and practices to effectively deploy the Group Data strategy
- Strong organizational and planning skills with experience of management of programmes/business transformations, with knowledge on when and how to re-prioritise, or escalate as required
- Strong capability in translating complex and/or technical work and insights into straightforward business language, and the ability to develop this capability within teams
- Knowledge of various techniques to facilitate root cause analysis, review, and resolution of cross line of business data quality issues raised as part of business self-certification, audit, or external regulators
- Strong commercial mindset to ensure build, interlock and oversight of all associated cost, budget, FTE and Governance for regional programmes of work
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector
- Awareness on data management trends within the banking industry: Data Science & Analytics, regulations on data management i.e. BCBS, Data privacy & Data protection
- Leadership, management, collaboration and coaching skills with experience of leading and directing cultural change
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
- Strong relationship management and influencing, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Experience of senior management responsibility
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.