Job Description :
Our client is a specialty polymer fiber producer from Europe. Based on new business expansion, they are looking for a Product Engineer with PU product and lamination, fabric coating experience.
Position/Title: Product Development Engineer - Engineered Fabrics
Facility: Pudong, China
Summary of Position
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for a broad range of duties, including new process and materials development, explores new applications for compounds and materials in order to assist in creating new product growth in new and existing markets and manufacturing process support and development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the development of urethane coated and laminated materials within Engineered Coated Fabrics by active coordination between TCS Shanghai and TCS New Haven.
- Executes and/or assists in all phases of product development from material selection, laboratory evaluations, customer trials and finally to successful production.
- Interact with external customers and internal resources to secure quantifiable needs, detailed design information, and convert into a viable design output
- Support Development areas through the exploration of new polymers and their relationships to our material properties and the processes in producing new products.
- Writes specifications for new products including test requirements, plant processing procedures and raw material specifications.
- Plan and execute projects efficiently and effectively according to Stage Gate Process Review, maintain NPD database in Salesforce.com.
- Regular review of product offering and implement continuous improvements
- Provides technical support as needed to internal customers (Sales, Manufacturing, Quality) and external customers.
- Support TCS Sourcing with technical expertise to source materials which meet customer expections
- Follows the guidelines and intentions of the Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety policies by performing quality work while minimizing waste.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5 + years of technical experience in the polymer industry.
- Product development experience required.
- Experience in with Polyurethane materials preferred.
- Experience in fabric coating and laminating preferred.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Analysis and 5S are a plus.
- Excellent technical writing & oral communication skills in Mandarin or Standard Chinese and English required.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Skype
- Ability to communicate and work in a multi-national team environment with Sales, Production, Suppliers and Customers globally
- Global environmental knowledge (REACH / RoHS, Global Harmonization) preferred.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.