NSBU, part of the VMware family, brings incredible new features and capabilities to the VMware virtual networking portfolio. Our products (NSX, the flagship SDN solution), technology and team, combined with the existing solutions at VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, form one of the fundamental building blocks in the Software-Defined Data center Strategy at VMware. Innovative companies use our products to accelerate service delivery from weeks to minutes, transforming their cloud data center operations and economics. Be an integral part of the future of the software-defined data center.
About NCP(NSX Container Plugin) and Antrea
NCP enables NSX to integrate with various Kubernetes solutions. Including all VMware container solutions, like TKGm, Pacific project, TKGI and TAS, also upstream Kubernetes solutions and 3rd party solutions like Openshift.
Antrea is an open source, light-weight, and high performant in-cluster Kubernetes networking solution(CNI). Antrea project is Kubernetes centric and aims to leverage Kubernetes-native solutions as much as possible to deliver a next-generation container networking solution. Antrea is now the default CNI of all VMware Kubernetes solutions under Tanzu portfolio.
NSBU container team fully owns NCP and Antrea development. We are seeking talented engineers to work on many exciting new features on the roadmap of VMware Morden App strategy:
- Design and develop components of next generation CNI plugins, including NCP and Antrea.
- Integrate NCP/Antrea with VMware Tanzu family of solutions like TKGS, TKGm.
- As a hands-on developer, capable of fully understanding the networking system and implementing and guiding the changes required to virtualize networking functionality and maximize virtual/physical I/O performance and scalability.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong debugging and problem solving capability.
- Experience with highly distributed system.
- Experience with Go and Python language
- Deep understanding of container and Kubernetes.
- 3+ years of industry work experience and hands-on development.
- MS or above in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English and communication skills and capability of cooperating with team member and remote peers.
- Experience with open source project development is a plus.
- Strong background of networking system is a plus.
- Experience with both kernel and user space programming is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes distros like Openshift is a plus.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.