Job DescriptionThe health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Model Risk Audit Manager.Principal Responsibilities
- The overall objective is to provide assurance to the HSBC Board, regulators and the Monitor that the Group Model Risk control framework is both designed and operating effectively
- Model Risk covers the model development, implementation and usage of Models and Covered Methodologies & Calculators
- Perform Continuous Monitoring of the business and external environment to identify emerging risk that may require a change of Model Risk audit focus
- Participate or sub-lead sections for the delivery of audits, some major and/or highly complex, which provide internal customers and stakeholders with critical assessments of the HSBC governance, risk and internal control frameworks
- Based on work performed, draft audit findings which articulate key issues and risks, and identify root causes
- Monitor and validate Model Risk Audit Issues to ensure that the root cause of control weakness have been remediated by the business
- Provide specialist professional advice on audit findings and recommendations, thus ensuring that they are both fully understood and properly implemented by management
- The role holder should also promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A master degree or higher in a quantitative subject or evidence of a very solid understanding of advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence, general statistical modelling principles, techniques, applications, data issues, economic intuition behind models and the associated practical modelling risks. Desirable to have a familiarity with common analytical software packages such as Python, Visual Basic, SQL, SAS, R, and Mat lab
- Experience and aptitude in a number of technical areas, such as credit risk modelling, Basel internal rating system development, Financial Crime Compliance models, Operational Risk modelling, financial mathematics, derivatives, analysis of market risk, econometric modelling, stress testing, scenario analysis, and actuarial modelling
- At least 2 years of work experience in financial services, with deep knowledge or one or more businesses and products in which models are developed or applied: e.g., front-office trading desks, bank risk functions, risk consulting and insurance actuary
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Internal Audit is highly desirable
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- An understanding of major global regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Planning and prioritizing projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.