Job Description :
Report to: Category Manager
SKILLS REQUIRED:Product Knowledge
- Manage the sourcing projects and process from receiving the briefing/tender from clients through to FOB delivery;
- Ensure on time project and order delivery; competent in problem solving;
- Understand manufacturing process, constraints and cost structure for all of the category area;
- Analysis of Allies/clients markets in order to make pertinent product offers;
- Assist with category buyers to tap on new project and turnover potential; Promote common products to consolidate purchase power with different clients wherever possible;
- Ensure effective and smooth communication with Allies/clients, including the team assigned; building and maintain good relationship with clients.
- Lead, motivate, coach and supervise the assigned team (1 person) for continuous performance improvement; Coordinate with and leverage the source of cross functional teams (quality, supply chain, admin. etc.) to achieve category target collectively;
- Negotiate commercial conditions with suppliers to improve price competitiveness, payment terms and MOQ.
- Define supplier strategy for the assigned product category to be validated by line manager. Source new suppliers while leverage existing suppliers’ strength. Manage and engage supplier pool for best performance and to maximize volume buying power while mitigating risks.
possess in-depth product knowledge across the assigned product category.
Passion for the category products and good sense on product and market trends.Sourcing and Negotiation
thoroughly prepare for hard negotiations, using analytics. Apply necessary technical knowledge and analysis to support negotiation arguments and build negotiation strategy.Supplier Management
Be able to correctively evaluate supplier potential and constraints; select suppliers and products based on profit/risk analysis in addition to quality/price ratio. Capable of monitoring and scoring existing suppliers with systematic approach. Skillful in engaging suppliers, promoting ARENA image among suppliers.Team Management
Recruit, retain and motivate members of the category team. Communicate effectively and provide the right coaching to the team. Set challenging objectives and support the team to achieve them. Effectively manage internal and external conflicts. Able to work effectively with parallel teams.OTHER REQUIREMENT:
* at 5 years working experience;
* Good knowledge of European market (France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy especially);
* Preferable experience with leading European retailers or traders;
* An excellent communicator with European buyers and internal team, well organized and highly convincing in making product proposals;
* Independent and autonomy at work to organize project schedule, his/her own workload and those of his/her team members;
* Being able to make pertinent solution proposals to succeed sourcing projects and handle customer claims;
* A good team player and be able to coach his/her team for better performance;
* Resilient and determined at work.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.