We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country's chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Serve as principal regional marketing communications manager for BASF Process Catalysts business and topics in Asia-Pacific, implementation regional execution of global communication plan, develop regional communications plan and translate into regional events and activities.
- Collaborate closely with the Chemical Catalysts leadership team members in Asia-Pacific and provide support in regional marketing communications, internal communications and digital communications to support business growth in Asia-Pacific.
- Coordinate and liaise with communications communities in Asia-Pacific on relevant communications activities to ensure coordination and messaging alignment, to increase the business impact of Process Catalysts. Provide support and help for divisional tasks as necessary.
- Budget, design and manage marketing communications-related topics, such as trade show, customer events, literature and promotional materials for the Process Catalysts business
- Drive regional media outreach and initiate media stories, press releases, interview outlines, etc. in support of Process Catalysts topics.
- Support on change management and issues/crisis management in the region.
- Deploy digital communication and social media strategies as well as activities in order to support the business goals.
- Coordinate and liaise with communications communities in Asia-Pacific on relevant communications activities to ensure coordination and messaging alignment, to increase the business impact of Process Catalysts.
- Provide support and counsel to regional business leadership team on customer & stakeholder communications, branding, employee engagement and crisis management.
- Manage Process Catalysts messaging and translation activities in regional market language(s).
- Master degree in journalism, marketing or mass communications with strong digital focus
- At least 6 years working experience in public relations, project management, and marketing communications, either agency or in-house.
- Mature and skillful on media/marcom event/digital planning, execution and evaluation. Strategic thinking and working experience in BASF are highly valuable.
- Proved agency and vendor management skills are required.
- Ability to achieve good budget-result controlling.
- Strong language expertise in English (written and oral).
- High commitment and a motivated working style. Entrepreneurial thinking in a challenging environment is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of standard computer programs (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Webmaster).