Job Description :
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Report to: Global Head
Our client is a global leading preclinical and contract research organization.
SUMMARY OF POSITION OBJECTIVES:
To lead and expand Taiwan business, commercial and operations activities with a global customer base and achieve P&L targets and KPIs.
- Develop Taiwan business activities while meeting budgeted revenue and profit objectives.
- Provide strategic plan to build the business within Asia Pac (within and external to Taiwan) and drive growth with global customers.
- Achieve the operations efficiency at laboratories and logistics (sample taking) by streamlining the operational processes.
- Support the development, implementation and optimal use of the Company’s Laboratory Information Management System and ensure its efficient usage at all levels of the laboratory to improve productivity and profitability.
- Manage the IT solutions activities required by the site.
- Increase profitability to meet best industry standards in all activities.
- Lead the marketing and sales activities (in collaboration with other companies within the group to achieve the growth plan and ensure that the relations with the clients are good and efficient. Lead meetings with key clients, at all levels and develop an in depth knowledge of customer requirements through regular meetings.
- Ensure that cross-selling synergies with other laboratories of the Group are being developed and comply with corporate guidelines.
- Take appropriate measures to improve economic profit, including hands-on personal commitment in addressing situations where profit levels are too low.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent people, define and agree goals and milestones with immediate subordinates, and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Map out and qualify all acquisition targets in your country, with the support of global M&A team with the goal of expansion of capabilities and or to serve the Asia Pac market.
- Personality Profile. It is imperative that the candidate has high energy, drive and a passion to succeed. The candidate needs to be numerate with business acumen and at the same time demonstrates empathy for others and strong interpersonal skills.
- High energy to drive rapid and ongoing change. Lead by example
- Intelligent, numerate with business acumen, fast thinker and eager to learn
- Empathy and strong interpersonal skills, including listening & communication ability
- Passionate about the business and able to instil enthusiasm in others
- Courage and self-confidence to take initiatives, deal with risks and empower others
- Action-oriented with high work ethics. Cost Minded
- Results driven, think strategically, yet understand details
- Type and duration of previous experience:
- Approximately 10 years of professional experience. At least 3 years of these with full responsibility for P&L (of a business with at least 50 staff and sales >5M USD / EUR or >150M TWD per year) and proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid- company or BU operating competitively.
- Must have practical knowledge of the drug discovery/ pre-clinical market with prior exposure to clients in this market.
- Must have a commercial understanding of operating in the Asia Pacific CRO market.
- Understanding of the employment laws and requirements for human resources in Taiwan.
- Career track:
- We look for people who made a fast track career until now, have clearly been promoted by their past employers but have not yet reached their full potential and still have the burning hunger/drive to excel working for our CLIENT. The job offered should be a challenge for them and a clear progress from their current position. We look for hands-on leaders, hardworking doers with common sense, not strategists or well-rounded large company politicians. Excellent understanding of financial matters, thrifty and cost minded.
- Candidates with clear career path progression and loyalty to employers are preferred (many frequent changes could mean instability).
- Fluency in Mandarin and English are required.
- Educational Background:
- Academic education (at least university Masters’ level) with very good grades is required. A MBA or equivalent is desirable but not an absolute requirement. A Master or PhD in Sciences from a top university (e.g. in engineering chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, biology, molecular biology and genetics) would be appreciated but is not an absolute requirement.
Candidates with MBA or equivalent but without a degree in engineering chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, biology, molecular biology and genetics will also be considered provided they possess strong experience in running operations and in handling full P&L with strong financial and business acumen and have worked in the Pharmaceutical CRO market.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV in Word format to [HIDDEN TEXT]. You can also reach Patty at +886-2-2757-7268#222
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.