We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
BASF is currently building a new Verbund site in Zhanjiang, Guangdong province. Announced in July 2018 and officially commenced in November 2019, BASF Guangdong Verbund site project would be BASF’s largest investment with up to US$10 billion upon completion and would be operated under the sole responsibility of BASF. The site would ultimately be the third-largest BASF site worldwide, and will be built into a role model for smart manufacturing and sustainable production by utilizing the latest digital technologies and applying the highest safety standards.
- The Project Operations Manager represents the interests of BASF Integrated Site (Guangdong) Company Limited (BIG) site for the effective and efficient operation of the seawater cooling system during the whole project. Together with the Project Manager he/she is responsible to achieve the Project Requirements regarding cost, schedule, risk, quality and safety. He/she is the primary contact for Maintenance and production with responsibility on plant operation aspects, operations manual, logistics, plant personnel, training, quality control etc.
- The Project Operations Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of organization set up and optimization, team recruitment and training, mechanical completion checking, commissioning and Start-up. The project operations manager should fulfill the role of the commissioning manager or assign a commissioning manager early in front-end engineering and design (FEED) to develop and implement the commissioning and Start-up deliverables that are part of the pre-commissioning, commissioning, and Start-up concept. The project operations manager retains overall responsibility of the commissioning and Start-up planning and execution in close cooperation with the production cluster.
- Represents the interests of utilities of seawater cooling system during the whole project and make the plant operation start-up successfully and reach stable operation.
- Single point of contact for all seawater cooling related activities.
- Jointly with the Project Manager responsible to achieve the Project Requirements regarding cost, schedule, quality and safety in close cooperation of Global Infrastructure Technology.
- Jointly responsible with project manager towards and report to the Steering Committee.
- Built up and lead the project operations team, including Coordination of mechanical completion (MC) checking, Quality assurance/control, Manuals, Commissioning, Start-up preparation and Start-up, Acceptance test, Technology, Asset management, Process management, Logistic concept, Operation Concept and Maintenance aspects.
- Responsible for the implementation of all Technology requirements into the project, e.g., ensure compliance with Global Process Safety Concepts.
- Coordinate and monitor the governmental permitting process.
- Coordinate the application for project Initial and Final Approval.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and problems resolving.
- Support project team for equipment’s solo test, piping hydro test, site acceptance test, troubleshooting etc
- Join in the project in pre-FEED phase and take lead for technology checking and operation in FEED/detail execution and all subsequent project phases.
- Support the Maintenance Manager to define maintenance requirement.
- As the team leader of seawater cooling system, responsible for organization setup, team recruitment, team training and training material preparation, start-up and operation procedure preparation, team management, retain and develop talent, workload management etc.
- Responsible for all plant operation aspects, e.g., elaboration of the operations, safety, environment, employee health, and control manuals.
- Organize the risk identification and assessment as the team leader and make sure all countermeasures of identified risks have been made and followed.
- Maintain the asset in good condition and provide reliable water treatment and supply service to whole Zhanjiang site.
- Manage and maintain the operation cost within the budget and integrity of asset strategy.
- Foster Operational Excellence (OpEx) culture in the team and improve the efficiency.
- Optimize seawater cooling system distribution during the all project phases and foster digitalization application for safety, operation, efficiency, cost etc.
- Bachelor degree or above, majored in chemical, engineering or related.
- 10 years working experience in related field, 5 years operation experience in sea water or water treatment, BASF experience is preferred.
- Good communication skill, conflict management, EHS management, teamwork spirit.
- Excellent and proven leadership skills.
- Good at reading and writing English skills, able to communicate efficiently about job-related matters.